Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Duotone Juice 13m - how's the real low end compared to 12m Rebel or XR6?

Forum for kitesurfers
omg
Very Frequent Poster

Duotone Juice 13m - how's the real low end compared to 12m Rebel or XR6?

Postby omg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 am

Cannot find any info on the 13m Juice, and wondering if it's a dud or not. I'm looking for a lw surfboard kite for strapless freestyle when the 10 Neo is just not enough. However, would I be better off with the likes of Rebel or XR6 12m which have very good low end power and depower as well. So my main question is, would the 13m Juice have better low end compared to these 5 strut kites?

Thanks and good winds!

baxterbradford
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth, UK
Gear: Foil, surfboard, twintip & 8-18m kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Duotone Juice 13m - how's the real low end compared to 12m Rebel or XR6?

Postby baxterbradford » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:49 am

I've got the 2019 15m Juice with 2019 12m Neo and use with surfboard & foil. Previously owned 9, 11 & 13.5m XR5s. Neo & Juice have much better lower end than XR5s, latter in particular due to light construction of kite. See my old XR5s not flying with new owners when my Juice is in the air. Juice does turn well & downloops are good on gybes in light wind to drive through the turn. Since it's much higher aspect, you need to be more careful with sheeting on Juice than Neo, bar too far in kills speed & chokes the kite, it does recover well once you push it away.
Not sponsored rider, all my own cash!
These users thanked the author baxterbradford for the post (total 2):
Leon van Bergen (Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:11 am) • omg (Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 pm)
Rating: 20%

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Baxter, thanks very much! You are one of the few to have 12m Neo, how do you like it, especially the turning speed, is it already a ”big” kite or can you throw it around? And how much do you weigh?

baxterbradford
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth, UK
Gear: Foil, surfboard, twintip & 8-18m kites

Postby baxterbradford » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Few? There are absolutely loads of 12m Neos here in Exmouth, it's a popular kite! It turns much better than Juice (wingspan is far less) and has a lot of grunt. Neo build is heavier than Juice, but bridling is much more simple. I'm heavy, over 120kg. I also have 10 & 8m 2019 Neos.

Exal
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:12 pm

baxterbradford wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:02 pm
Few? There are absolutely loads of 12m Neos here in Exmouth, it's a popular kite! It turns much better than Juice (wingspan is far less) and has a lot of grunt. Neo build is heavier than Juice, but bridling is much more simple. I'm heavy, over 120kg. I also have 10 & 8m 2019 Neos.
Did you have a chance to compare the 12m neo to the 12m Evo (recent edition like 2019)? Just curious how it is for a bigger guy since my brother is like you weight wise but I went with Evo instead of neo. We have the smaller neos as well 6,8,10.

eddiemorgs
Rare Poster
Gear: North

Postby eddiemorgs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:13 am

I am similar the Baxter , I have the 15m Juice , 12 Neo , 9 Neo , 7 Neo for surfboard and foil

You are asking about bottom end ... I dont have any experience with the XR6.
The rebel would more likely have a better bottom end than the Juice design as its made for boosting and freeride , the Juice is made for freeride and foiling .

Comparing my Juice to the Neos ... the Neos are great kites for what I do ... chase waves and foil .
Very good bottom end , I would expect it to be better than the rebel in that sense also with the ability to drift.

You ask about the 13 Juice ... I would not expect it to have a better bottom end than the 12 Neo , however ... my experience with the 15 Juice tells me there are other things at play .

My Juice surprises me every time i ride it . It’s a very good light wind kite ... better in light wind than the Neos as they are a heavier build.
Using it with my nugget or I expect my sb it works well . For a 15 its nimble and quick , drifts well , dumps power well and has a big wind range .
It’s kind of left me in a quandary as I kite in tropical wind ( skinny ) and I find myself choosing the Juice over the Neo 12 to cover lulls ... and then when I change down I tend to go straight to the 9 Neo .

For pure wavesailing , I am guessing the 13 would be ok , but think the Neo 12 might be better for what you do but question the gap between your 10 and a 12 .
The 9 Neo is the sweet spot in my Neos ... it is a special kite with great balance between size and grunt it generates . Love my 9 Neo and I hear others say the same

I hear that the Evos are also a great kite

Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”