dejavu wrote: ↑Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 pmYou will not regret getting a Flydoor or similar in at least a 160. I have the 160 and 170 and it opened up a whole bigger kiting range. I am 90kg and am often the only twin tip rider out with those on foils and having light wind fun around shore and shallows, not having to venture way out in case the wind dies. Complimented with my Contra’s. I can get to kite in 11 or 12kn. Do it, you won’t regret it.
Not what I said.
This is what I actually stated.Matteo V wrote: ↑Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 pmFoils have limitations, including:
1. Prerequisite of good kite skills
2. Expense of initial investment
3. Strapless = mowing lawn or stuck to surface level tricks
4. Strapped = more fun but injuries likely/inevitable
5. Needs water more depth
6. Needs mostly weed/debris free water
LW TTs have the advantage in all the categories above.
But LW TTs have their own limitations, including.
1. Less upwind capability
2. 1-2knots more wind required
3. Requires larger kites (expensive)
Anyone else with SS Glide experience? Is this a good lightwind board? I guess I ask because the shape is so basic and straight. It's cool but almost too simple and pure to be true.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], petato2 and 22 guests