Brand Affiliation: None.

Duotone Neo 2020

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:00 am

Duotone News:

Neo 2020

Duotone 1.png
Duotone 1.png (264.58 KiB) Viewed 2404 times

OVERVIEW

The Neo is the choice of our highly decorated wave riding team, Airton Cozzolino, Matchu Lopes, Sebastian Ribeiro, James Carew and Patri McLaughlin. On the wave, it offers dynamic handling and incredible drift. When you want to freeride it’s an easy going companion. Enormous amounts of power and the depower is incredible. Exceptionally reactive and precise, you are always in total control with the NEO. Whether you are riding a monster at One Eye, pulling a strapless kite loop twenty feet up or just slaying some Euro mush, you need the Neo in your quiver.

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboarding/kites/neo/

WHAT´S NEW

- New, lighter Trailing Edge wave patch for reduced flutter and TE flutter marks
- Newly developed 75 gram Ripstop material
- Improved bar feedback at the top of the windrange

Watch the NEO in action as we talk you through the new tuning options for waves and depower, or how you can set it up for strapless freestyle and freeriding. It’s been one of the most popular kites in the Duotone line up for a long time, and it’s easy to see why.

“There’s so much harmony in the 2020 NEO and it allows me to step outside my comfort zone, especially in the waves.”
Matchu Lopes

BEHIND THE DESIGN WITH KEN WINNER

When a kite as popular as the NEO is changed, the modifications can’t be permitted if performance gains in one area cost performance loss in another area. Ken Winner talks about the 2020 design process and why keeping every performance quality that we like is essential.

Read more HERE

THE WAVE TEAM REVIEWS THE 2020 NEO

Duotone 2.jpg

Sebastian Ribiero is one of those guys who’s always trying to push limits in light winds and Matchu Lopes strives to step outside of his comfort zone. Olivia Jenkins charges Jaws, Patri McLaughlin needs to trust his kite or he’ll end up in some sticky situations in massive waves and James Carew is simply trying to destroy waves.

Read more HERE

2020 NEO IN A NUTSHELL

The 2020 NEO remains true to its roots and its purpose in life. Fantastic drifting abilities, responsive steering - powered or depowered, 4 and 5-line setup. It’s the go-to surf kite for all good and wannabe-good wave riders looking to get the most out of every wave session, as well as a good performer in freeride and foiling.

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboarding/kites/neo/
These users thanked the author Toby for the post:
nikolaygadzhev77 (Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:12 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Duotone Neo 2020

Postby omg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:42 am

Has anyone tested the 20202 Neo and if it’s more or less the same as 2019, pretty please? One temriser mentioned that it’s more boxy this yer, but I’m not aure if they really changed it other than materials?

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 am

omg wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:42 am
Has anyone tested the 20202 Neo and if it’s more or less the same as 2019, pretty please? One temriser mentioned that it’s more boxy this yer, but I’m not aure if they really changed it other than materials?
20202? temriser? yer? aure?

:D

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Exal » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 am

omg wrote:
It is in other threads and videos that they wanted to change the design but the team riders told them the kite was perfect in 2019 and then they just kept the design of 2019.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 am
omg wrote:
20202? temriser? yer? aure?

:D
yeh, lots of typos, did this in really hurry with a shitty phone. Apologies, hopefully you didn't go blind :o
Yes, I read the other topic, but still wonder (was it Sebastian Ribeiro's) quote that 2020 is more boxy shape???

Foogey
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Camber
Favorite Beaches: Llangenith
La morne
Style: Strapless wave
Gear: Duotone Neo
Duotone pro whip
Duotone pro session
Duotone pro wam
Moses Onda foil
Gong strutless v3
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Foogey » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:54 pm

I have had a set of the 2020 Neo's for about a month. I would say that the major difference is in the material used and the trailing edge, the drift and turning is still very similar to the previous years kites, but the kites feel a little faster through the wind and a little more efficient. This becomes most noticeable at the bottom of the kites's wind range and more so in the smaller sizes. . I am able to get on a smaller kite noticeably earlier than with the previous years kites, and in my opinion, for a directional in waves they are a decent improvement on the previous iteration. Once i am using the kites in the mid to upper end of their wind range i cannot notice significant differences. I have 5,7,9,11, and already have had a fair bit of use of the smaller sizes.

In fact originally I was just going to get the 7,9,11 , and keep last year's 5, however once i had used the 7m and found it so good at the bottom of its wind range, I immediately ordered the 5m.

Return to “Kitesurfing”