Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Real world reviews of the Switch Nitro7?

Forum for kitesurfers
Donniehall14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Point/Princeton Point, Robinson's Island
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8M Takoon Chrono
10M Ocean Rodeo Razor
12 Switch Nitro
Brand Affiliation: None

Real world reviews of the Switch Nitro7?

Postby Donniehall14 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:50 am

Switch has kind of won be back with some good customer service and a kind gesture. My Nitro 6 has grown on me and I'm thinking about getting a 10m. Does anyone have some personal experience/review to share outside of the ones posted on their site of the Nitro7?

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Gear: Depends the mood
Has thanked: 0

Re: Real world reviews of the Switch Nitro7?

Postby flysurfing » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Go for a Pivot, had the nitro 4 back in the days, went for the Pivot after, much smoother, less bar pressure, same big air...

endorphin
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby endorphin » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Have the Nitro 7 in 9m - one of the best lifting kites available on the market at the moment.
Lifts much better than the Pivot. Pivot lifts good too.
(Have been teaching on pivots for several years)

Why lifts the Nitro7 better than other kites?

1. five struts: very stiff structural rigidity when under full load.
This gives the Nitro the stability to handle extreme canopy tension in high load situations which results in more vertical lift than in letting the power go due to less bending and winding of the kite when loading the kite up to jump.

2. simple small direct bridle with 5 connection points on each side: this fact maximizes stability under high loads and brings direct barfeeling.

3. the kite is made out off stiff high quality materials.

i want to get the most bang for each bug spent on a kite. i dont want to finance a legion of professional kiteboarder living their dream with buying my kite while getting a mediocre product.

just my 2,5 cents ;-)

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:24 pm

I would be interested to heard comparison to older nitros.. Did it make it worse when designer left the house and they made it totally different(spider bridle disappeared etc). And their marketing also went shit.
I love my nitro4s but I don't trust new nitros until I can test one or hear trustful reviews :D

DIALS
Rare Poster
Local Beach: TRAMORE BAY WATERFORD IRELAND
Favorite Beaches: T-BAY
Style: NOVICE
Gear: DUOTONE

Postby DIALS » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:31 pm

I had Nitros 6 in the 9m and 12m model...12m was the worst 12m kite that I ever flown...a true flying pig...The 9m was OK and so I taught until I went and flew a 2019 Dice ..The difference was ridiculous..Dont waste ur money on the Nitro..U can get 2019 new Dices on sale near the same money as a new Nitro and u can an will be able to sell on the Dice but the Nitro is almost impossible to sell on..The Dice jumps higher, turns quicker has better bottom end -is lighter been a 3 strut and the quality has an edge too.Even if the Nitro 7 is an improvement on the N6 it still no where near the Dice in performance...

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm

You're sarcastic right?

DIALS
Rare Poster

Postby DIALS » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:46 pm

Faxie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:37 pm
You're sarcastic right?
NO..Im honest.Put plenty of time on the Nitro 6 .Had it for 2 years with over 40plus sessions on it and when I tried the dice first time with in 5 mins I knew it out performed the Nitro in every way...Got rid of both Nitros and got me Dices. A far superior kite in every way...I also have a Gaastra Pure in 12m and that too is better kite than the 12m Nitro...

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Lol sure

DIALS
Rare Poster

Postby DIALS » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:11 pm

O yea Im real sure. lol.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Dude you can't even keep a kite in the air, lol. Should have developed some skills first before getting high performace kites so soon. And then when you seem to be one of the few with quality problems, while plenty of others with abused kites have no problems whatsoever, you blame the brand and are getting all entitled about it. No wonder you ain't getting that warranty.

But good luck with the Dices. They're more user friendly. But you'll probably find out soon enough that the Duotone quality also isn't what it claims to be.

And I don't care about Switch anymore btw.

Return to “Kitesurfing”