Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Duotone Neo safety line question

Forum for kitesurfers
Si_B
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Duotone Neo safety line question

Postby Si_B » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Had my new 2019 12 Neo out for the first time today. Blown away by how good it is in my twin tip just free riding. However looking up at the lines, the centre safety line has a lot of slack in it. I’ve never owned a kite that flies on such a high V split in the lines so I’m not sure if this is correct or something that needs adjusting. I know this line is not under tension, but it looks too slack to me.

Cheers,
Simon

andikite
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 77
Local Beach: Matalascañas, Huelva, Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Cádiz, Spain
Caños de Meca, Cádiz, Spain
Isla Canela, Huelva, Spain
Matalascañas, Huelva, Spain
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone whip SLS 5'1
Mystic Majestic 2020 Harness

Re: Duotone Neo safety line question

Postby andikite » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Simon,

In order to give you a correct answer. What bar did you use? If it's Duotone/North bar, what model and year? Mounted in 4 or 5 lines?

Best regards

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Welcome to the only bar on the market that has no bungee in the flagout line.

There are some knots to adjust the amount of slack when at full power, but there must be slack AT ALL TIME! Otherwise you experience excessive wear of the flagout line inside the chickenloop and powerline at the metal splitter. On all other bars this slack is removed by the bungee, but not this one.
Put it on the knot where you have the least amount of slack in the red flagout line, but as soon as you start trimming there will be a extremely saggy flagout line.

I am curious as to why Duotone still has this setup, as it is very easy to splice a bungee into it and get rid of thos adjustment knots and slack in the line. Ah well, on the other hand I shouldn't be surprised as they are still using whool as lines in 2020....

Si_B
Medium Poster

Postby Si_B » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:48 pm

Trust bar on 4 lines, kite and bar are 2019 models. At full power the red flag line has some slack in it which gets more pronounced as you add trim. Had another session on Saturday and it doesn’t seem to affect the kite, just not used to having what looks like a loose line. Saw another chap out on the same kite and his was the same, so I guess there is no issue.

Thanks for you help.

Simon

andikite
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 77
Local Beach: Matalascañas, Huelva, Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Cádiz, Spain
Caños de Meca, Cádiz, Spain
Isla Canela, Huelva, Spain
Matalascañas, Huelva, Spain
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone whip SLS 5'1
Mystic Majestic 2020 Harness

Postby andikite » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:22 pm

In trustbar there is not a problem, because red line doesn't work below Y separation, so it's normal to have slack, but as it's said above. You can adjust by means of knots to eliminate the slack with full power position. Then, when you depower the kite, slack come back inevitably.

With clickbar is diferent. Red line works as power line and safety line at the same time and no slack appear.

Return to “Kitesurfing”