Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Woo Sports Updates?

Forum for kitesurfers
wrogu
Frequent Poster
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:12 am
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby wrogu » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 am

Keep it on. I moved from piq mainly due to customer base and volume of sale.

For next generation include a tiny screen (BT + SWat), maybe change form factor a bit. Kiteloop detection (or at least indication) would be cool.

Kitemenn
Medium Poster
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:21 am
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby Kitemenn » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 am

WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Hi guys, past months haven't been easy by any means, but as was mentioned here already, took it on the chin, moved on and downsized a little. We are are in a very good spot now. Some great people joined the WOO crew and you'll be hearing more from us again going forward. But most importantly, a big thank you to all of our loyal supporters and customers, WOO would be nothing without you! If any evidence is needed - even though we were rather quiet for the past 12 months, activity still grew 40% year over year, and that's all on you guys!

Cheers & lots of boosting love
Leo
Great to hear from you Leo. It's been very quite around WOO...any hints on what we can expect going forward? Are there some software improvements coming (I recall the beta test group providing lots of data and ideas), new features or maybe even new hardware?

Would love to hear some more... :thumb:
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:49 am)
Rating: 10%

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:32 pm
Kiting since: 20
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby WOO Kite » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:41 am

Kitemenn wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 am
WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Hi guys, past months haven't been easy by any means, but as was mentioned here already, took it on the chin, moved on and downsized a little. We are are in a very good spot now. Some great people joined the WOO crew and you'll be hearing more from us again going forward. But most importantly, a big thank you to all of our loyal supporters and customers, WOO would be nothing without you! If any evidence is needed - even though we were rather quiet for the past 12 months, activity still grew 40% year over year, and that's all on you guys!

Cheers & lots of boosting love
Leo
Great to hear from you Leo. It's been very quite around WOO...any hints on what we can expect going forward? Are there some software improvements coming (I recall the beta test group providing lots of data and ideas), new features or maybe even new hardware?

Would love to hear some more... :thumb:
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Can't talk too much about future plans right now, but yes we will work on the software! Keep posting ideas (well, maybe under a different topic :lol: ), love the feedback / ideas

Kozzie
Medium Poster
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:16 pm
Kiting since: 97
Local Beach: brighton
Style: freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby Kozzie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 am

Can you give dealers more then $70 bucks wiggle room per device entire industry all the pubters expect 10 to 20 percent off literally brand new released gear. Doesnt make it very worthwhile to drop a chunk on 20 devices for if your lucky 40 a pop after your crazy postage fees. Meanwhile everyone swamps you with concerns on them breaking or warranty issues misreading units etc etc shes a tuff sell.

Anyways good luck kiting NEEDS a leader board every other sport has a international leader board looks like your it and height is a good parameter do yourself a favour check out the poleys speed leaderboards and the jellyfishes distance leaderboards to see how they can be done

kite_hh
Frequent Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:33 pm
Kiting since: 9
Gear: Cabrinha, North, own
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby kite_hh » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 am

Kozzie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 am
Can you give dealers more then $70 bucks wiggle room per device entire industry all the pubters expect 10 to 20 percent off literally brand new released gear. Doesnt make it very worthwhile to drop a chunk on 20 devices for if your lucky 40 a pop after your crazy postage fees. Meanwhile everyone swamps you with concerns on them breaking or warranty issues misreading units etc etc shes a tuff sell.

Anyways good luck kiting NEEDS a leader board every other sport has a international leader board looks like your it and height is a good parameter do yourself a favour check out the poleys speed leaderboards and the jellyfishes distance leaderboards to see how they can be done
This was seriously hard to read. I am not sure I understood what you were trying to say. However, I am pretty there is no use putting in any more effort than I already have. ;-)

PS: Since Woo doesn't seem to be out of business, maybe the thread title should be changed.

Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 15m Juice, 17m Best Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:04 am

kite_hh wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 am
Kozzie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 am
Can you give dealers more then $70 bucks wiggle room per device entire industry all the pubters expect 10 to 20 percent off literally brand new released gear. Doesnt make it very worthwhile to drop a chunk on 20 devices for if your lucky 40 a pop after your crazy postage fees. Meanwhile everyone swamps you with concerns on them breaking or warranty issues misreading units etc etc shes a tuff sell.

Anyways good luck kiting NEEDS a leader board every other sport has a international leader board looks like your it and height is a good parameter do yourself a favour check out the poleys speed leaderboards and the jellyfishes distance leaderboards to see how they can be done
This was seriously hard to read. I am not sure I understood what you were trying to say. However, I am pretty there is no use putting in any more effort than I already have. ;-)

PS: Since Woo doesn't seem to be out of business, maybe the thread title should be changed.
Yeah, better to copy that tekst in Google Translate :-?
Agree on the title change, don't know how to do that?

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 39620
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 288 times
Contact:

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am

I changed the title, hope it is ok like that
These users thanked the author Toby for the post (total 3):
kite_hh (Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:12 am) • Leon van Bergen (Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:37 pm) • CaliRider (Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 pm)
Rating: 30%

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:17 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby CaliRider » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Kozzie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 am
Can you give dealers more then $70 bucks wiggle room per device entire industry ....
at $169, dealers make $70 per unit assume leo makes 100%, cost to make a woo is $50?

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:32 pm
Kiting since: 20
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby WOO Kite » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:05 am

Toby wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am
I changed the title, hope it is ok like that
Thanks Toby, looks much better now :)

Matt_TYRCZ
Medium Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Virginia Beach , VA
Favorite Beaches: First Landing State Park, OBX
Style: booting, kiteloop, freestyle
Gear: CORE Kiteboarding, MYSTIC , CrazyFLy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby Matt_TYRCZ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 pm

WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Hi guys, past months haven't been easy by any means, but as was mentioned here already, took it on the chin, moved on and downsized a little. We are are in a very good spot now. Some great people joined the WOO crew and you'll be hearing more from us again going forward. But most importantly, a big thank you to all of our loyal supporters and customers, WOO would be nothing without you! If any evidence is needed - even though we were rather quiet for the past 12 months, activity still grew 40% year over year, and that's all on you guys!

Cheers & lots of boosting love
Leo
keep it going !
i love Woo , its motivating to go and push harder !
These users thanked the author Matt_TYRCZ for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:55 pm)
Rating: 10%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSN [Bot], or6, szert, winduser and 15 guests

cron