Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: WOO

Re: Woo Sports out of business?

Postby WOO Kite » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Matt_TYRCZ wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 pm
WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Hi guys, past months haven't been easy by any means, but as was mentioned here already, took it on the chin, moved on and downsized a little. We are are in a very good spot now. Some great people joined the WOO crew and you'll be hearing more from us again going forward. But most importantly, a big thank you to all of our loyal supporters and customers, WOO would be nothing without you! If any evidence is needed - even though we were rather quiet for the past 12 months, activity still grew 40% year over year, and that's all on you guys!

Cheers & lots of boosting love
Leo
keep it going !
i love Woo , its motivating to go and push harder !
Thanks Matt, keep boosting and pushing!

mutexx
Rare Poster
Local Beach: AzovKite
Gear: Slingshot + Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mutexx » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:36 am

WOO Kite wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:41 am
Keep posting ideas (well, maybe under a different topic :lol: ), love the feedback / ideas
I think that the potential of WOO 3.0 is not fully revealed, there are many things that can be improved. These are mostly software ideas, but not only. I'm talking about things that are beneficial to many well-known manufacturers, such as Apple or Samsung, these are accessories. The prototype of such an accessory, made by my own hands, you can see here (sorry for russian only):

I hope Leo will not be mad at me, my device does not interfere with WOO, only listens to information from it thru Bluetooth. Such a device only increases the popularity of WOO 3.0, all the PIQ benefits are killed. Plus work only with WOO 3.0, useless whithout it, so buy even more WOO 3.0;) Yes, I did it in my own garage, if you manufacture such devices in an industrial way, they can be more compact, lighter, cheaper. WOO 3.0 is a great device anyway!

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby pmaggie » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am

I own a Pic, informations on the screen are impossible to read until you have Superman x-Ray view, no difference with a Woo. The real plus for these devices imo would be a tracking function, not so difficult to implement I think

mutexx
Rare Poster

Postby mutexx » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:12 am

pmaggie wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am
I own a Pic, informations on the screen are impossible to read until you have Superman x-Ray view
Huge symbols of the height of the last jump maked in my device, I can see them even from a distance of 10m on a bright sunny day :) eInk display have many disadvantages compared to LCD and AMOLED (only two colors, low refresh rate, high price, etc.) but in this case fits perfectly

zloilyoha
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skadovsk
Favorite Beaches: Karzhyny Skadovsk, Cape Town SA
Style: free
Gear: slingshot, ozone, core

Postby zloilyoha » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:31 am

mutexx wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:12 am
pmaggie wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am
I own a Pic, informations on the screen are impossible to read until you have Superman x-Ray view
Huge symbols of the height of the last jump maked in my device, I can see them even from a distance of 10m on a bright sunny day :) eInk display have many disadvantages compared to LCD and AMOLED (only two colors, low refresh rate, high price, etc.) but in this case fits perfectly
any successful water testing?

mutexx
Rare Poster

Postby mutexx » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:41 am

Not yet. Only in the bathtub :)

WOO Kite
Medium Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: WOO

Postby WOO Kite » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm

mutexx wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:36 am
WOO Kite wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:41 am
Keep posting ideas (well, maybe under a different topic :lol: ), love the feedback / ideas
I think that the potential of WOO 3.0 is not fully revealed, there are many things that can be improved. These are mostly software ideas, but not only. I'm talking about things that are beneficial to many well-known manufacturers, such as Apple or Samsung, these are accessories. The prototype of such an accessory, made by my own hands, you can see here (sorry for russian only):

I hope Leo will not be mad at me, my device does not interfere with WOO, only listens to information from it thru Bluetooth. Such a device only increases the popularity of WOO 3.0, all the PIQ benefits are killed. Plus work only with WOO 3.0, useless whithout it, so buy even more WOO 3.0;) Yes, I did it in my own garage, if you manufacture such devices in an industrial way, they can be more compact, lighter, cheaper. WOO 3.0 is a great device anyway!
Hi Mutexx, no reason to be mad for me, that's cool stuff, well done! Are you using it while kiteboarding?

mutexx
Rare Poster

Postby mutexx » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:36 pm

I did device just recently after the close of the season, don’t ride on water in cold weather. I'm more an engineer than a kitesurfer :) But. Gave the device to my friend for testing, he promised to do it in the next couple of weeks.

mutexx
Rare Poster

Postby mutexx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Test screen in water from user:

Eckhardt
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ijmuiden, wijk aan zee
Style: Big air and rookie waverider