Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Woo Sports Updates?

Forum for kitesurfers
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby Havre » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:16 am

What an odd statement. Customers are not allowed to reasonably critic a product?

If you don't like that post move on and stop crying about it? Great.
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
Kitemenn (Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Baptiste_FR
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Normandy
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rally (12-9-7m²)

Postby Baptiste_FR » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm

I don't know what is in the "Safety" feature, but I don't think it should be in the "Pro membership".

Baptiste_FR
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Normandy
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rally (12-9-7m²)

Postby Baptiste_FR » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:37 am

The "Woo Pro" app update is available with the first 2 features.

Analytics seems interesting, but you need a phone with GPS with you on the water in order to collect all the data.
Received a mail with additional info :
"The WOO PRO Membership is available now in your WOO App on iOS or Android. We have two pricing options: $/€ 46.99 paid annually (that's $/€ 3.91 per month) or $/€ 6.99 paid monthly."

Last edited by Baptiste_FR on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:12 pm

No problem with Surfr you already got your phone with you :D

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:34 pm

I have no use for that extra info since all I wanted was the community aspect with the height measuring. Landing force is neat but I could live without it. Now that I start foiling I'll get a gps watch and that will give me distance/speed and the time :lol: What I don't understand is the pricing since I would never spend that much on it since the device itself is pretty expensive and doesn't last that long apparently. Mine is almost a year old and I expect to need a new one soon if it really only lives for one or two years. 1 or 2 $ a month with the option to give more if you want to would have had a better chance with me as a pricing model.
These users thanked the author Exal for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:59 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 pm

The WOO app has three options ("Games"): Big air, Free style and Free ride. Free ride seems to capture interesting data for hydrofoiling (max speed, max upwind angle etc). My WOO (3.0) appears to have only big air and free style options, no Free ride. Does anybody have an idea how come ? Am I wrong ? Is there already a WOO 4 ?

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Exal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:34 pm
I have no use for that extra info since all I wanted was the community aspect with the height measuring. Landing force is neat but I could live without it. Now that I start foiling I'll get a gps watch and that will give me distance/speed and the time :lol: What I don't understand is the pricing since I would never spend that much on it since the device itself is pretty expensive and doesn't last that long apparently. Mine is almost a year old and I expect to need a new one soon if it really only lives for one or two years. 1 or 2 $ a month with the option to give more if you want to would have had a better chance with me as a pricing model.
Agree in this!

WOO Kite
Medium Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: WOO

Postby WOO Kite » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Pemba wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 pm
The WOO app has three options ("Games"): Big air, Free style and Free ride. Free ride seems to capture interesting data for hydrofoiling (max speed, max upwind angle etc). My WOO (3.0) appears to have only big air and free style options, no Free ride. Does anybody have an idea how come ? Am I wrong ? Is there already a WOO 4 ?
Hi Pemba,

There will be no WOO 4.0 device this year. We are leveraging all the data we can take from existing 3.0 devices.

The metrics which are interesting for your foiling session (graphical map overlays, speed, longest tack, upwind angle, etc) are available as "Freeride". All you need to use this "Freeride" feature is just taking a phone with you in a pouch and "start Freeride session". It will work, even if you don't have a WOO device, as long as you have the PRO app and a WOO account to upload your freeride sessions.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers :thumb:

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:11 pm

WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm
Pemba wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 pm
Hi Pemba,

There will be no WOO 4.0 device this year. We are leveraging all the data we can take from existing 3.0 devices.

The metrics which are interesting for your foiling session (graphical map overlays, speed, longest tack, upwind angle, etc) are available as "Freeride". All you need to use this "Freeride" feature is just taking a phone with you in a pouch and "start Freeride session". It will work, even if you don't have a WOO device, as long as you have the PRO app and a WOO account to upload your freeride sessions.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers :thumb:
Thanks, yes that clarifies things. Should have thought of writing an email to WOO first, sorry about that..

Return to “Kitesurfing”