Woo Sports Updates?

Forum for kitesurfers
WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby WOO Kite » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi Kitemenn, Thanks for the help offered!
Just a quick update from the WOO team: We have staffed up considerably during Q4. As a first result of this there is no more backlog in our Customer Service at the moment. All tickets are serviced within a few days, or even the same day. Currently we are working on software upgrades (both backend and app's) that will deliver more features and more value to our users. I can't tell you too much but we are beta testing now a pretty fun new game based on the current 3.0 device. We are very happy with the consistency and the (future) features of the 3.0 device.
As always we are also pretty involved in KOTA next month.
We are in a good place and really look forward to 2020!
These users thanked the author WOO Kite for the post (total 4):
Baptiste_FR (Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:14 pm) • Leon van Bergen (Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:56 pm) • andrzej351 (Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 pm) • Guttorm (Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm)
Rating: 33.33%

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks, good to hear! Cusomer Service is key so good to hear thats being dealt with. Also good to hear there is progress on development, no eta for any changes yet? Would be cool if something new would be available at KOTA...looking forward to the releases! Thanks for the updates

Baptiste_FR
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Normandy
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rally (12-9-7m²)

Postby Baptiste_FR » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Dear Woo Kite,

I have a a few suggestions (dreams??).
- The videos (Q&A) you made were really good and useful (how to load lines, board position before the jump...). Do you plan to make some new ?
- In your App, could you add the possibility to schedule a session on a specific post (date/hour and let everyone see it and join). I ride in a very low populated area with many spots available. Therefore, I am regularly alone on the water (and learning afterward via Woo App that some riders were just a few km away). There was an App (kiteforum) that was doing that perfectly, but no one used it and it is not available anymore. I think that (if possible) not riding alone is one of the main security point.
I could see this feature really useful and your app could contribute to rider safety.
These users thanked the author Baptiste_FR for the post:
Guttorm (Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 98 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:26 pm

yep, kiteforum had it all...people didn't use it, therefore not available anymore. Sorry.

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride

Postby WOO Kite » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Baptiste_FR wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:11 pm
Dear Woo Kite,

I have a a few suggestions (dreams??).
- The videos (Q&A) you made were really good and useful (how to load lines, board position before the jump...). Do you plan to make some new ?
- In your App, could you add the possibility to schedule a session on a specific post (date/hour and let everyone see it and join). I ride in a very low populated area with many spots available. Therefore, I am regularly alone on the water (and learning afterward via Woo App that some riders were just a few km away). There was an App (kiteforum) that was doing that perfectly, but no one used it and it is not available anymore. I think that (if possible) not riding alone is one of the main security point.
I could see this feature really useful and your app could contribute to rider safety.
- Video with tips from the biggest boosters in the community is scheduled for next month.

- Latest version IOS app includes the "Mark yourself riding" feature which does exactly what you are looking for. Working on Android.

- :thumb:
These users thanked the author WOO Kite for the post (total 3):
Baptiste_FR (Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 pm) • SENDIT! (Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 pm) • Guttorm (Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 am)
Rating: 25%

Baptiste_FR
Medium Poster

Postby Baptiste_FR » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks Woo. Dreams do really come true !
I am looking forward this next Android release.

touffegong
Rare Poster
Local Beach: New Caledonia - Aquareve
Favorite Beaches: CPT / Barra Grande
Gear: Dice 2019

Postby touffegong » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:06 pm

WOO Kite wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm
Hi Kitemenn, Thanks for the help offered!
Just a quick update from the WOO team: We have staffed up considerably during Q4. As a first result of this there is no more backlog in our Customer Service at the moment. All tickets are serviced within a few days, or even the same day. Currently we are working on software upgrades (both backend and app's) that will deliver more features and more value to our users. I can't tell you too much but we are beta testing now a pretty fun new game based on the current 3.0 device. We are very happy with the consistency and the (future) features of the 3.0 device.
As always we are also pretty involved in KOTA next month.
We are in a good place and really look forward to 2020!
Thank you for the staffing ! Customer service experience is now flawless :D

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 am

Hey, here is a new alternative to live woo data during your session. I tried about 4 different Wear OS watches and it never worked right and was really hard to see. This is a solution that allows you to run a full size screen and much more data....just have to have a way of water sealing the phone. I plan to use an arm band waterproof case on top of one of my footstraps.

Link to the description: viewtopic.php?f=178&t=2405584

These users thanked the author cwood for the post (total 3):
aleks (Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:44 am) • Leon van Bergen (Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 am) • Guttorm (Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:04 pm)
Rating: 25%

Baptiste_FR
Medium Poster

Postby Baptiste_FR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 am

cwood wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 am
Hey, here is a new alternative to live woo data during your session. I tried about 4 different Wear OS watches and it never worked right and was really hard to see.
What Wear OS watch did you use ? I have a Polar M600 and except for the "peculiar/bulky" design, it works fine and connect well with the Woo.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Baltic sea
Gear: North, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon laluz.

Postby a99 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am

Can't understdan why people choosing woo but always are not happy because can't have instant jump results :) I using PIQ and no complains as all number instant on piq display :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”