Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Woo Sports Updates?

Forum for kitesurfers
Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 15m Juice, 17m Best Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:55 am

a99 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am
Can't understdan why people choosing woo but always are not happy because can't have instant jump results :) I using PIQ and no complains as all number instant on piq display :)
Hey there we have mister negative again!
If someone chooses to developed something for a Woo, that does not mean that everyone is ''always'' dissatisfied?

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:05 pm

a99 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am
Can't understdan why people choosing woo but always are not happy because can't have instant jump results :) I using PIQ and no complains as all number instant on piq display :)
Piq is a nice device but I and many are committed to woo as much for the social interaction and on line friends we have made.

Kitemenn
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm

cwood wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 am
Hey, here is a new alternative to live woo data during your session. I tried about 4 different Wear OS watches and it never worked right and was really hard to see. This is a solution that allows you to run a full size screen and much more data....just have to have a way of water sealing the phone. I plan to use an arm band waterproof case on top of one of my footstraps.

Link to the description: viewtopic.php?f=178&t=2405584

Like the development on WOO from others :thumb: ...can we do more with the available data too? @aleks Can you see direction of movement for example? Or rotations or loops during high jumps?

Would be great if we can add some functionailty because WOO is so slow...waiting for months now and they are not living up to the expectations they set.

Leon van Bergen
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Style: Freeride
Gear: Duotone Rebels 6M, 8m & 11m, 15m Juice, 17m Best Roca, on my Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:31 pm

Have patience Kitemenn, more coming ''soon'' is only there for a year...
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
These users thanked the author Leon van Bergen for the post:
Kitemenn (Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 pm)
Rating: 10%

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride

Postby WOO Kite » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:30 pm

WOO Kite wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm
Hi Kitemenn, Thanks for the help offered!
Just a quick update from the WOO team: We have staffed up considerably during Q4. As a first result of this there is no more backlog in our Customer Service at the moment. All tickets are serviced within a few days, or even the same day. Currently we are working on software upgrades (both backend and app's) that will deliver more features and more value to our users. I can't tell you too much but we are beta testing now a pretty fun new game based on the current 3.0 device. We are very happy with the consistency and the (future) features of the 3.0 device.
As always we are also pretty involved in KOTA next month.
We are in a good place and really look forward to 2020!
Quick update: As the KOTA dust settles down we are in the final stage of development of the new Android app. Pushing hard to test in April and release in May.

Ref the features table: Good point! We'll take that image away from the site since the WOO 1.0 and 2.0 devices are no longer in production, thanks Leon.
These users thanked the author WOO Kite for the post:
Guttorm (Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:06 pm)
Rating: 10%

Kitemenn
Medium Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:37 pm

WOO Kite wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:30 pm
WOO Kite wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm
Hi Kitemenn, Thanks for the help offered!
Just a quick update from the WOO team: We have staffed up considerably during Q4. As a first result of this there is no more backlog in our Customer Service at the moment. All tickets are serviced within a few days, or even the same day. Currently we are working on software upgrades (both backend and app's) that will deliver more features and more value to our users. I can't tell you too much but we are beta testing now a pretty fun new game based on the current 3.0 device. We are very happy with the consistency and the (future) features of the 3.0 device.
As always we are also pretty involved in KOTA next month.
We are in a good place and really look forward to 2020!
Quick update: As the KOTA dust settles down we are in the final stage of development of the new Android app. Pushing hard to test in April and release in May.

Ref the features table: Good point! We'll take that image away from the site since the WOO 1.0 and 2.0 devices are no longer in production, thanks Leon.
What about Apple users? What kind of features can we expect? And will the features become available to all? Will the new features only work with WOO 3.0? Waiting 3 months is quite long, would be good to have an idea...think we waited long enough for it :wink:

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride

Postby WOO Kite » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:37 pm
What about Apple users? What kind of features can we expect? And will the features become available to all? Will the new features only work with WOO 3.0? Waiting 3 months is quite long, would be good to have an idea...think we waited long enough for it :wink:
What I can say is that we aim for identical functionality and design for IOS and Android.

Obviously there are cross platform ways to try achieve this (React Native, Flutter, etc) but at this stage there are still too many specific items (BT connectivity etc) in Android phones and in Apple phones for this. So we develop IOS and Android seperately (and native). Not ideal, 2 dev cycles, but it is what it is until one of the cross platform languages can do it all.

As hardware to unlock new features we are focussing on the current WOO 3.0 but we will make sure that all basic functionality that was in earlier devices remains available for those users.

Hope this sheds some light, cheers.

aleks
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ontario

Postby aleks » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 pm

cwood wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 am
Hey, here is a new alternative to live woo data during your session. I tried about 4 different Wear OS watches and it never worked right and was really hard to see. This is a solution that allows you to run a full size screen and much more data....just have to have a way of water sealing the phone. I plan to use an arm band waterproof case on top of one of my footstraps.

Link to the description: viewtopic.php?f=178&t=2405584

First of all, big thanks to mutexx :thumb: - his project was an inspiration for me to start this app. Even though I was thinking of making something like this for a while, I wasn't sure it was technically possible until I saw it done by mutexx :)

Let me know if you have any questions about the app, I'll be happy to answer!

Kitemenn
Medium Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:40 pm

aleks wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:35 pm

First of all, big thanks to mutexx :thumb: - his project was an inspiration for me to start this app. Even though I was thinking of making something like this for a while, I wasn't sure it was technically possible until I saw it done by mutexx :)

Let me know if you have any questions about the app, I'll be happy to answer!
Kitemenn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm

@aleks Can you see also other information like direction of movement for example? Or rotations or loops during high jumps? What is the meta data we can work with?

aleks
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ontario

Postby aleks » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Like the development on WOO from others :thumb: ...can we do more with the available data too? @aleks Can you see direction of movement for example? Or rotations or loops during high jumps?
Thank you Kitemenn :) . I was able to decode only about 30% of the data that WOO 3.0 sends for each jump, which includes basic information like height, hang time, G-force, and time of the jump. There is a lot more data sent by WOO that I don't understand yet, and it may or may not contain information on rotations. I suspect that Woo's Freestyle mode would send this information, but I have not checked yet.

I like that PIQ has rotation information for each jump - I can see it being useful in the official WOO app session log. However, I don't think rotation information would be very useful in my app, just because of its nature. The main focus of the Woo Screen app is to display real time information about the last jump, and usually you would have a pretty good idea of any rotations you had during last jump without looking at the app :D . If I were to keep the log of all jumps and add functionality to display it after the session, it could be useful, but that would just mainly replicate official WOO's functionality, which I try not to do (not without a good reason at least 8) )

Return to “Kitesurfing”