Style: Wake/free/air
Gear: Switch kyptos
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Click bar line replacement

Postby MattWind » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi all,

I did a lot of reading but still don’t have all the answer to my question.

I am looking to get a used clickbar and want to replace the lines with better ones. I don’t want to use the original ones. I don’t know anything about splicing etc, so I would need a ready made set. Do i only have it replace the front and rear lines, or are there some other parts inside the bar that are prone to wear a lot and need to be replaced?

i Found the following set:

https://kiteboardinglines.com/collectio ... t-of-lines

I read that these lines are not bad ? Does anyone have experience with those lines? Do i need anything else? Does anyone have suggestions for a line upgrade here in Australia?

Thanks for your advice,
M

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Click bar line replacement

Postby purdyd » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Hat set has the front and rear flying lines as well as the front leader lines.

You should open up the the ends of the bar and inspect the rear leader lines, in particular the left one for wear as it passes over two metal pieces in its path through the bar.

Also a good time to clean everything out if there is sand inside the bar.

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:12 pm

I was sick of the Duotone Teufelberger lines so I replaced front and steering lines on my click bar with Liros DC 300 /DC 200. Happier than ever now. A lot less wear, thinner, way easier to untangle and way cheaper than original Duotone replacement lines. Don't know about the SK99 but I think they are even better than the DCs when it comes to breaking load. So this could be a good choice but probably also a bit of an overkill unless you are doing megaloops.

For your question: Just open the bar and check the lines if they need replacement. It takes 5 minutes if you know what to do and it's very easy:

Keep in mind this bar needs a bit more care and maintenance, especially when kiting at sandy beaches (Always rinse with fresh water!). So depending on how the previous owner maintained it, it might be necessary to replace those lines as well or not.

xantos
Rare Poster

Postby xantos » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm

I believe those lines are very well reviewed. I would not worry about quality if they are as advertised. Splicing lines is very easy to do so if you go that route a youtube video or 2 will have you splicing with ease. That said, thank you for the post as I have been looking for a ready made replacement set using the sk-99.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:16 pm

MattWind wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:40 pm
Hi all,

I did a lot of reading but still don’t have all the answer to my question.

I am looking to get a used clickbar and want to replace the lines with better ones. I don’t want to use the original ones. I don’t know anything about splicing etc, so I would need a ready made set. Do i only have it replace the front and rear lines, or are there some other parts inside the bar that are prone to wear a lot and need to be replaced?

i Found the following set:

https://kiteboardinglines.com/collectio ... t-of-lines

I read that these lines are not bad ? Does anyone have experience with those lines? Do i need anything else? Does anyone have suggestions for a line upgrade here in Australia?

Thanks for your advice,
M
Matt,

I did get my 2017 Click Bar lines from them. (on Ebay) They are IN Australia too! So score for you on postage.
I've used the lines several times and they are a substantial upgrade over the stock (old) North/Duotone lines.

Make sure you specify the safety line in red. Mine isn't but I wish it was just for quick reference setting up and self landing it would have been nice....

Otherwise well worth the $180.

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 pm

I just bought a lightly used 2019 click bar. I bought used so I could justify the line replacement a little more. The bar looks really good, including the lines, but, I've had North bars in the past and never been a fan of the lines. Just ordered a full set from kiteboardinglines.com. They have been very responsive to my queries and are currently offering free worldwide shipping on linesets (code "oktoberfest").
BTW, if you're content with the stock lines and looking for replacements/backups at a huge discount I can hook you up 8)
Tony

MattWind
Rare Poster
Style: Wake/free/air
Gear: Switch kyptos

Postby MattWind » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 pm

cor wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:12 pm
I was sick of the Duotone Teufelberger lines so I replaced front and steering lines on my click bar with Liros DC 300 /DC 200. Happier than ever now. A lot less wear, thinner, way easier to untangle and way cheaper than original Duotone replacement lines. Don't know about the SK99 but I think they are even better than the DCs when it comes to breaking load. So this could be a good choice but probably also a bit of an overkill unless you are doing megaloops.

For your question: Just open the bar and check the lines if they need replacement. It takes 5 minutes if you know what to do and it's very easy:

Keep in mind this bar needs a bit more care and maintenance, especially when kiting at sandy beaches (Always rinse with fresh water!). So depending on how the previous owner maintained it, it might be necessary to replace those lines as well or not.
Thanks for all the tips.

So when you replaced you lines with the Liros ones, do you still have the option to adjust the v? Did you just buy the lines and measured and spliced them yourself?
Is this option cheaper than the sk99?

When replacing the rear leader lines, is it better to use the duotone replacement line or different ones?

Cheers

alunj
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Andulucia
Favorite Beaches: Viana , Fresh West, Le Morne
Style: Wave
Gear: Duotone, JP custom

Postby alunj » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 pm

The kiteboarding lines complete set comes with the adjustment points with the extra sheathing so you just move the screw on v adjuster on there

KaiNie
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2022
Local Beach: Cabarete
Gear: Duotone Evo, Clickbar, Airush Board

Postby KaiNie » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:58 pm

Hi there,

the website seemed to have offered quite some good products and quality.
Unfortunately, the providers have not accepted any orders for quite a while.
Does anyone know an alternative shop/provider?

Cheers, Kai

CaptainKook
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, Surf
Gear: 7, 9, 12

Postby CaptainKook » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:51 am

Infexion are great for lines bespoke quick releases and bar mods

https://www.infexion.eu/product-categor ... ion-setup/

Return to “Kitesurfing”