Kiting since: 5
Local Beach: Kent & East Sussex
Gear: Nobile & North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Kitesurf equipment found in East Sussex

Postby davekiteboarder » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi Ladies and Gents.
I’m putting this message up because a friend of mine has found some kite surfing equipment on a beach amongst some bushes / trees. He found this equipment in the last week of September 2019, at a location east of Hastings, but no further east than Camber Sands in East Sussex.

I do apologise, but I am not going to advertise what parts of kitesurf equipment have been found, as the owner will know exactly what equipment they have lost, and will be able to give me a detailed descriptive list, along with key references such as size, brand, photos, colours and any personalisation etc.

Could you please pass this message around, and if a person claims that this equipment is theirs, perhaps you could get that person to send me a personal message in this forum, along with an accurately detailed descriptive list of what equipment they say they have lost. This will then help me return this equipment to the rightful owner.

Many thanks.
These users thanked the author davekiteboarder for the post:
Sgallian (Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:16 am)
Rating: 10%

RedSky
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Local Beach: Camber, +Croydon
Gear: Genetrix Hydra

Re: Kitesurf equipment found in East Sussex

Postby RedSky » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:21 am

I lost a 10.5m flexifoil ION in green and black at Camber about 6-8 years ago. xD I was using it with a kitecat in a gentle off-shore. The wind died and it fell onto the water capsizing the kitecat. I had to cut away and swim to shore. The kite drifted out into the channel. I contacted the coast guard to let them know the situation. The kite was personally signed by Lewis Wilby.
Do you have it ? :)

davekiteboarder
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 5
Local Beach: Kent & East Sussex
Gear: Nobile & North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kitesurf equipment found in East Sussex

Postby davekiteboarder » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:17 am

Hi Redsky,
Unfortunately it’s not your equipment.