Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Duotone Entity broke...

Forum for kitesurfers
wrogu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone Entity broke...

Postby wrogu » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:06 am

Warranty aside, they should really change straps construction. Buckle (the thing which is on the inside od the straps) would prolly solve the problem. Another issue is the fact that besides bad construction, I really like the pads and straps. When they work they really hold my feet well. Meh.

In my case it is all down to the case if the replaced item has a new fresh warranty running from the moment of warranty replacement.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:39 pm

wrogu wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:06 am
Warranty aside, they should really change straps construction. Buckle (the thing which is on the inside od the straps) would prolly solve the problem. Another issue is the fact that besides bad construction, I really like the pads and straps. When they work they really hold my feet well. Meh.

In my case it is all down to the case if the replaced item has a new fresh warranty running from the moment of warranty replacement.
There are obviously people who break them one after the other. The majority have no issues.

But good luck with the extended warranty if you snap an ankle.

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 am

Duotone decided to make some small changes to the place where it rips most frequently tey decided to increase the width of the insert. So when trying to get a replacement (second replacement already) they told me it is no longer possible and I would need to buy a new set of bindings (deck + straps).

Luckily I knew some other people had the replacement ones and I told them it would fit....tbh it's no longer straightforward but also these new straps can fit the old deck (footpad).
IMG_2492.jpg
test2.jpg
test1.jpg
And the image of Leon showig it all fits Image
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post (total 3):
Leon van Bergen (Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:56 am) • iriejohn (Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:06 am) • leeuwen (Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:44 am)
Rating: 9.09%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:14 am

You can see that it will fit by first inserting one tab, sliding it along a bit, then inserting the other tab.

Oh, and nice board. :thumb:

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am

Thanx Iriejohn! Yes that's exactly what I did and it worked.
Last edited by Leon van Bergen on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:48 am

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:14 am

You can see that it will fit by first inserting one tab, sliding it along a bit, then inserting the other tab.

Oh, and nice board. :thumb:
It's not as easy as it sounds due to the straight squares that need to go in vertically which does not work when doing it 1 by 1 but with some wiggling etc it does work like you mention (Although Duotone support claims otherwise). Let's hope the material itself has change a bit too...the straps are amazing but having to get a replacement every year is no fun!

Btw the board is from my digital fellow Dutch buddy Leon ...but having a shotgun as well only with the red colour but same colour combo on the pads now 8)
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:06 am)
Rating: 3.03%

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m/5m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35 / Microchip
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:44 am

Kitemenn wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 am
Duotone decided to make some small changes to the place where it rips most frequently tey decided to increase the width of the insert. So when trying to get a replacement (second replacement already) they told me it is no longer possible and I would need to buy a new set of bindings (deck + straps).
Good that they finally made some changes to the design. Hopefully this fixes it.
However, I would be pretty unhappy if the response would be that you need to buy new bindings to fix something that’s obviously a design issue with the old one.
Pretty sure that’s not how warranty works.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:02 pm

leeuwen wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:44 am
Kitemenn wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 am
Good that they finally made some changes to the design. Hopefully this fixes it.
However, I would be pretty unhappy if the response would be that you need to buy new bindings to fix something that’s obviously a design issue with the old one.
Pretty sure that’s not how warranty works.
The shop could give me 50% discount on new set...but I was like you that that is not how waranty works. So they did check what I was saying (that the straps would fit) and once confirmed they send me the straps without any issue.

But as you mention I wasnt happy initially with their offer (forced by Duotone)

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:00 pm

I wait for my replacement straps. Will see which straps
they will deliver.

Return to “Kitesurfing”