Local Beach: Pembrey
Favorite Beaches: El Gouna, Sicily, Llangenith and Pembrey
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Shinn Bronq CRB 4, Ozon Reo
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

WOO iOS app not showing downloaded sessions

Postby twopelicans » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:59 am

Hi New to WOO but managed to record a session which the iOS app downloaded and stored onto my iPhone 7. However it is not showing up as a saved session. Anyone else having this problem or as a newbie have i done something wrong?

An UPDATE (for those of a TLDR disposition). A big thanks to WOO support, in particular Kyle, for nailing this one down. It appears that my issue of was with my profile which was sorted by logging out and logging back in. None of my previous sessions appeared but since doing this (login/out) my new sessions have saved as they should.

So if you get the dialogue box saying your session is downloaded yet you don't get the save session button; try login/logout and record a new session. It has worked for me.
Last edited by twopelicans on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maffhieu
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Le meridien
Gear: North Dice 12m 2016
North Dice 9m 2017
North Dice 7m 2018
North Team Series 2015
Ride Engine Silver Elite 2017
WOO 1.0
WOO 3.0

Re: WOO iOS app not showing downloaded sessions

Postby maffhieu » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello twopelicans,

I did a session with my Woo yesterday... worked same as usual.

Maybe read this : https://docs.woosports.com/docs/recordi ... st-session

keegster17
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Has thanked: 0

Postby keegster17 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:49 pm

had same issue a couple weeks ago, changing phones. try hitting the button a second time once powered.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: Ozone, Core

Postby deniska » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 pm

perhaps you are in a wrong mode? Like your woo is recording freestyle or ski while you are in big air?
I think you can hold the button and reset the woo.. read the instructions on the site..

Sun
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Gear: 15m Chrono V2
12m Hyperlink
12m, 10m, 8m Dice (2018)
10m Roca V2
6m Alana (2016)
Naish Stomp 142
Nobile XTR
Nobile Zen Split Foil Board
Zeeko Blaster, Spitfire (Normal & XLW)

Postby Sun » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 pm

I sometimes have issues with the iOS app uploading sessions. But when that happens I use the Android app on my tablet and it always works.

twopelicans
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016

Postby twopelicans » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks all for your comments. I'm in the right mode and have changed all sports, modes to see if a session will show up in the app but they don't. My last run out did record a session and it did download to my iphone. The Woo app stated that it was downloaded to my device but it just doesn't show up to be saved, add kitespot etc? Would it be a reasonable assumption that most folk use Android. I am also assuming this is an app issue as the WOO itself seems to be doing its thing; and have raised a bug report.

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 20
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride

Postby WOO Kite » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 pm

twopelicans wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:21 pm
Thanks all for your comments. I'm in the right mode and have changed all sports, modes to see if a session will show up in the app but they don't. My last run out did record a session and it did download to my iphone. The Woo app stated that it was downloaded to my device but it just doesn't show up to be saved, add kitespot etc? Would it be a reasonable assumption that most folk use Android. I am also assuming this is an app issue as the WOO itself seems to be doing its thing; and have raised a bug report.
Hi twopelicans, I think I found your support ticket - were you looking into the code itself? If so, we'll get on it with our developers. It's an error that happens very rarely and we are not yet able to reproduce you, so your input is very helpful. Will be in touch via support as well!
These users thanked the author WOO Kite for the post:
twopelicans (Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:48 pm)
Rating: 10%

twopelicans
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016

Postby twopelicans » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm

WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 pm
twopelicans wrote:
Hi twopelicans, I think I found your support ticket - were you looking into the code itself? If so, we'll get on it with our developers. It's an error that happens very rarely and we are not yet able to reproduce you, so your input is very helpful. Will be in touch via support as well!

I backed up my iphone and had a look at the Woo app docs and data. found the default.realm and had a look inside and other that the free ride session that i recorded on my phone none of the other sessions that i downloaded from the woo were present. more than happy to help chase this bug down

WOO Kite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 20
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride

Postby WOO Kite » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:23 pm

twopelicans wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm
WOO Kite wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 pm
twopelicans wrote:

I backed up my iphone and had a look at the Woo app docs and data. found the default.realm and had a look inside and other that the free ride session that i recorded on my phone none of the other sessions that i downloaded from the woo were present. more than happy to help chase this bug down
That's awesome, thanks a lot for helping. I hooked into your support conversation, looking to chase this one down asap!

Return to “Kitesurfing”