Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Any Vantage kite reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator
Brand Affiliation: None

Any Vantage kite reviews?

Postby pikovsg » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:27 pm

Lot of promise in these kites yet I haven’t heard from anyone using them in the field yet. Who has tried them? What do you think?

NorwayIsCold
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sola beach, Stavanger, Norway
Favorite Beaches: Jeri
Style: Freestyle, getting into wakestyle
Gear: North Dice 2015 - 11m
North Dice 2014 - 8m
North Dice 2018 - 12m, 9m
North Click bar
Slingshot Widowmaker 2015
Saul Customs - Modified Pure 2.0
Ronix One boots
Mystic Majestic X
Manera wetsuit

Re: Any Vantage kite reviews?

Postby NorwayIsCold » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:22 pm

bump

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost 7m 9m 11m
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:22 am

Hi,

I am going to be one of the development riders but the kites are still partly in production. I will drop my first impressions here as soon as I receive mine and have the chance to get my hands on them. Already excited as hell :D

Cheers,
Jürgen
These users thanked the author juergen_90 for the post:
alford (Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 am)
Rating: 3.03%

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost 7m 9m 11m
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:56 am

As already promised, here are my first experiences/thoughts on the maiden flight with the Vulture from the last weekend:

It was a day with 15-20kn guests maybe up to 22-23kn max. sometimes but not really something you would be going to try out a 9m kite, just though at that point let‘s see how it behaves on the beach and be done with it. Everyone else was out with 11m-12m. When launching already at the edge of the wind window pulling it up I noticed, that this kite has massive power. So I picked my board and tried it out.

The kite reacts prompt and pretty direct on the steering input although it makes use of ring sliders so that was nicely done. Feels similar to my Boost, way faster and lighter than an XR6 but not as fast as e.g., a Nexus. The bar forces feel higher than on my Boosts even on the lightest setting but the feeling of the kite without having to look at it is great. Overall very stable in the sky and no flutter. In what I will be interested most is how it will behave on the high end with that massive power and how it will be to handle. Compared to my Boosts or a XR6 I do feel the power more directly on the hook at all time. Also very good pull in the downloops. Jumps are very smooth, with good hangtime and a soft landing.

The craftsmanship looks good, and I haven‘t found much to complain yet. We will see how the kite lasts over time but my first impression looks very promising.

The bar is a good standard, nothing really to complain about, maybe I would wish for myself a bit broader option but that is only a personal preference and a simple click-in release would be nice in the future.

Overall I have to say I really liked the Vulture and I am very impressed how it behaved in these marginal conditions. I am already excited when looking forward to fly it in more demanding conditions on the high end in the area of 25-35 knots which will hopefully be the upcoming weekend.

Kiterpep
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Scheveningen, Rockanje
Style: Wave
Gear: Naish, F-One, Flysurfer, Crazyfly

Postby Kiterpep » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:23 pm

Flew my Vantage 7m for the first time today and have to say I can identify with the previous poster:

Kited in the following conditions: 25-35 knots (gusty), choppy water, on a twintip.
- Medium bar pressure (similar to Zian Hantu),
- Floaty jumps,
- Really nice, smooth power delivery,
- Medium turning speed (slower than Airush Wave/Slingshot SST, faster than Gaastra Spark).

I felt confident on this kite. It was really stable and I could feel well where it was in the wind window. Also did some downloop transitions, and I like how the pull builds up.

I used to own a Gaastra Spark, which I sold because it got a bit boring overall and very grunty in its high end. What I really liked on this kite was that it oozes power, but is not so grunty in its high end. Some extra edge+depower will do the trick, and the power builds up gradually so that you have time to react. With the gusty winds today, I would say the depower range is good, but I would still like to test the low end of this kite.

Practically, the bar is nice, clean and does the job. I would like a bit of a thinner stick, but I guess that's a matter of taste.

Oh, the bag looks rad, but misses some loops/bands/clips to hang more stuff. And the white canopy looks awesome, but will get dirty quite fast, I'm afraid.

Overall, really like it!

NorwayIsCold
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sola beach, Stavanger, Norway
Favorite Beaches: Jeri
Style: Freestyle, getting into wakestyle
Gear: North Dice 2015 - 11m
North Dice 2014 - 8m
North Dice 2018 - 12m, 9m
North Click bar
Slingshot Widowmaker 2015
Saul Customs - Modified Pure 2.0
Ronix One boots
Mystic Majestic X
Manera wetsuit

Postby NorwayIsCold » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:39 pm

Any news on these? Keep seeing pictures of people boosting really high on these lately.
Someone would like to post another review?
Or any updates from previous posters?

Kiterpep
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Scheveningen, Rockanje
Style: Wave
Gear: Naish, F-One, Flysurfer, Crazyfly

Postby Kiterpep » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 am

Wind for Saturday is looking good, might fly it again this weekend. Otherwise, if you're very keen on getting one, I can introduce you to the development programme!

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:39 pm

Saw one out at Wijk aan Zee this Sunday afternoon, never up close though.

Thorick
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Style: Allround
Gear: Naish, Duotone, Vantage maybe?
Has thanked: 0

Postby Thorick » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:08 pm

I noticed Vantage opened up their program for an additional 75 riders. I have been following them for quite a while and I like the way they interact with their userbase to further develop their design tools. Their kites seem to work pretty good already...

Anyone here who can tell how it’s like to be in their program?

PS also noticed Jerry van de Kop posting a “loop” picture on a Vantage kite, he seems to be switched?

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Wow, 4 available flying modes setups in this kite !! What is great, at least interesting to have such possibility of options. Bar looks also nice.

Return to “Kitesurfing”