Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bought 2 Duotone kites, a question about click bar

Postby DuoiQueen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:22 am

Hey everyone !

So after a lot of thinking and demo`s I decided to buy the new Evo 2020 in the size of 12M (I am actually thinking to change it to a Rebel, I still didn't open it.. so it might be possible)

and a new Neo 2019 in the size of 9.

My weight is 100 KG and my style is most of the time freeride/big jumps, I also want to start to get into the wave world, and maybe to try some unhook tricks, thats why I bought the Evo and not the Rebel...

btw: thanks to all the replays on my other posts, it really helps !

So I bought it with the Trust Bar for both of the kites in the length of 22M , the seller was a bit confused about which lines length to give me 22 or 24, so it will work best both with my Evo 12 and my Neo 9.. (He didn't had Click Bar in stock..) so, than he decided to give me the 22M which he said will suit me the best.

My question is, after I read a bit about the Click Bar, I saw that it is a option to enjoy "both worlds" with the lines length, I mean, I could buy the Click Bar, and than play with it, when I'm on the Evo, 24M and when on the Neo 22M..

Do I need to contact the store and ask for a replace to the click bar ? or should I stick with the Trust Bar 22M ?
Do you guys maybe think he gave me the TB just because he didn't had click bar in store and he wanted to make a sell.. I don't think so.. :o

Thanks to all who read until here !
All the best !

leeuwen
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Small air :D
Gear: Core XR5 7/ 10 /12 / 17M, Alien air Foil, Crazy Fly Raptor LTD Neon, Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Bought 2 Duotone kites, a question about click bar

Postby leeuwen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:53 am

Hi,

If you just want to have 24 meter lines and do not care about the click part of the bar you can also buy a 2m (or any other line length) extension set.
Note that the kites will both fly fine with 22 Meter lines, you will just get a little bit more power when adding some length that e.g. might be useful in low wind situations.

I personally find removing/adding the extensions always a bit of a hassle since the connection will get tight and needs to be made wet before you can start to pry them apart.
Usually only add extenstions when I use my 17M kite.

DIALS
Rare Poster
Local Beach: TRAMORE BAY WATERFORD IRELAND
Favorite Beaches: T-BAY
Style: NOVICE
Gear: DUOTONE

Postby DIALS » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 am

I like to fly my 12m on the wider bar with 24m lines in lighter winds and anything under 10m I like to use the smaller bar with 22m lines...If you could get the wider bar in 24m lines and use the outer setting for the 12m and the inner setting for the 9 then that will work...The smaller bar in 22m lines will work too but the 12m will be slower to turn with that but been 22m lines it kinda makes up for the turn speed loss...so both bars will work..Trust bars that is..The click is way too expensive IMO..

DuoiQueen
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Has thanked: 0

Postby DuoiQueen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 am

DIALS wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 am
I like to fly my 12m on the wider bar with 24m lines in lighter winds and anything under 10m I like to use the smaller bar with 22m lines...If you could get the wider bar in 24m lines and use the outer setting for the 12m and the inner setting for the 9 then that will work...The smaller bar in 22m lines will work too but the 12m will be slower to turn with that but been 22m lines it kinda makes up for the turn speed loss...so both bars will work..Trust bars that is..The click is way too expensive IMO..
What is it the "inner setting" ?
Thanks !

DIALS
Rare Poster

Postby DIALS » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:19 am

On the trust bar u will see a little button on either side...Press it and the line floates will pop off ..then u can turn the lines to the inside for slower turning or to the outside for quicker turn speed...Look up youtube for more details on this or the manual in the bar box should explain also this ..North Duotone Trust bar.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that

Postby iriejohn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:55 am

A warning about line lengths. When you measure line lengths from the bar to the end of the line they aren't necessarily what the manufacturer says, they can be several metres out (typically longer) than you expect.

cor
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: -

Postby cor » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 am

DIALS wrote:
The smaller bar in 22m lines will work too but the 12m will be slower to turn with that but been 22m lines it kinda makes up for the turn speed loss...so both bars will work..Trust bars that is..The click is way too expensive IMO..
No. A kite does not turn slower or faster when you extend or shorten lines. Why do people keep saying that? And also, why are you talking about turning speed when SaarM clearly wrote that he is into freeride and big jumps?

@SaarM
The shorter the lines, the smaller the window, which equates to less potential power generation, less jumping ability, faster steering (but not faster turning!!), tighter kiteloops and more responsive handling. The longer your lines, the larger your wind window, which equates to more potential power generation, higher possible airs and slower, less responsive handling.

That's why you want to go with 24m lines if you want to do freeride and jumping. I also have an EVO in 12 and a Neo in 9 and for TT, I always use 24M on the clickbar. It does make a difference, especially on the 12M. When I am going into the waves with a surfboard with the NEO, I am switching to 22M.

DIALS
Rare Poster

Postby DIALS » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:38 am

cor wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 am
DIALS wrote:
The smaller bar in 22m lines will work too but the 12m will be slower to turn with that but been 22m lines it kinda makes up for the turn speed loss...so both bars will work..Trust bars that is..The click is way too expensive IMO..
No. A kite does not turn slower or faster when you extend or shorten lines. Why do people keep saying that? And also, why are you talking about turning speed when SaarM clearly wrote that he is into freeride and big jumps?

@SaarM
The shorter the lines, the smaller the window, which equates to less potential power generation, less jumping ability, faster steering (but not faster turning!!), tighter kiteloops and more responsive handling. The longer your lines, the larger your wind window, which equates to more potential power generation, higher possible airs and slower, less responsive handling.

That's why you want to go with 24m lines if you want to do freeride and jumping. I also have an EVO in 12 and a Neo in 9 and for TT, I always use 24M on the clickbar. It does make a difference, especially on the 12M. When I am going into the waves with a surfboard with the NEO, I am switching to 22M.
Looks like you know it all...

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Ohh... 27m line jumping... heaven. I used to have a 30m line set, but it was too much. 27 is the sweet spot for me with Rebels.

Return to “Kitesurfing”