Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,
Brand Affiliation: None

Zian kites rebranded

Postby Saltyman » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am

Ok zian kite lovers.
Ventum kites are zian kites.
They will be affordable and accessible as kites should be.
Middle men argh.
New kites are the kima v5 and hantu v5 rebranded with new names to start with.
Kites were awesome heard all good feedback.
Guy is back in business after being screwed by partner.
Story of nearly all kiteboarding companies to date so far.
Anyway stoked to have another market direct brand :thumb:

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Re: Zian kites rebranded

Postby magnusod » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Who is the 'Guy' that is back in business. I assume that you refer to Robert Berendes as the screwed by partner or...

Maybe it's good to have a middle man to not end up like these people did How do we know that it's not just people who go bankrupt and then are reinkarnated in a new company...

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999

Postby Saltyman » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 pm

I asked him about the missing 200k and what happened he told me the story.
Didn't bullshit me as I know the story.
Middle men are leaches.
There were 2 partners in Zian and this guy got burned by the person you referenced.
Go market direct especially if your experienced and know what you want.
Time will tell.
But I seriously doubt that a smart scammer would do same scam in same industry which is relatively small.
And advertise there making kites.
Doesn't make sense so I'm prepared to give someone who answers honestly and replies promptly a chance.
As he either has massive balls if he is a scammer or is legit.

Ventum
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Slufter/Maasvlakte - Netherlands
Gear: Kites - Ventum Xcite & Xplore
Boards - Joyrider & Karma
Bar - Tough Bar
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Ventum Kiteboarding

Postby Ventum » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 pm

Just to be clear and to avoid any confusion.

Ventum Kiteboarding is my company (Sebastiaan) while Zian KB was the company of the person mentioned above!

The name mentioned above is the person who screwed people. I am (just as the others) one of the people that got screwed!
Never again do I wish to have contact with him and I still cant believe people can be like him.
Anybody out there who had contact with me can confirm that I'm the opposite of the person who screwed people.
I quited Zian KB late 2018 when it became clear the person above was screwing me over.

As for the middle man comment. It were the "middle man" (US partner, AUS partner, Factory people, me) who got screwed, not the end-users that ordered via the webshop.

After I left Zian KB, I had the choice to pick up my profession and earn good money, or follow my heart.
I choose the latter and established Ventum Kiteboarding which will launch next month.

The mission of Ventum KB is simple and clear, keep this sport accessible and affordable!
These users thanked the author Ventum for the post (total 6):
Saltyman (Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 pm) • ARK (Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:46 am) • magnusod (Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 pm) • andrzej351 (Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:05 pm) • Hasse (Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:18 pm) • BudhaNl (Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 am)
Rating: 18.18%

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999

Postby Saltyman » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.
Would of taken me 5 posts lol.
New ventures good prices.
All the best for you.
Sounds like you definitely deserve it.
These users thanked the author Saltyman for the post:
Ventum (Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:13 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Great to hear! Post the link here once you have the website up and running. I could only find a FB page now.
These users thanked the author magnusod for the post:
Ventum (Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:13 pm)

Kozzie
Medium Poster
Local Beach: brighton
Style: freestyle

Postby Kozzie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:58 am

So what has happened to zian australias 200k$?

And how much did you loose seb?

Ventum
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Slufter/Maasvlakte - Netherlands
Gear: Kites - Ventum Xcite & Xplore
Boards - Joyrider & Karma
Bar - Tough Bar
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Ventum Kiteboarding

Postby Ventum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 am

A story is never black and white. Some things went wrong from the start which made the company lose money. Roughly 60k was wasted on machines which turned out to be useless.
I am not going to name people or companies, bottom line, lot of money wasted. Never the less, the owner turned out to be a person that lies easily and almost never replied to people that were owned money. Both are unacceptable in my opinion and a recipe for disaster.

Short version, Aussies and I had no access to the bank account, we don’t know where money went exactly at the time of their first investments. Later was more clear as they paid straight to things for the factory to keep going. All we know is that they (as I) would get a part of the company but never got the contracts.

What I would get? I was initially promised 40% of both the factory and the brand for running both.... except the finance.
I had a very well-paying job at Unilever R&D to pay my bills. I worked early morning, late night, weekends, vacations.
70-80 hours a week became "normal". After the Aussies joined my share would off course get lower, no problem, things looked better than ever.

When I quitted my paid job to go full pull and willing to invest also money in the factory I asked to put all in a contract and that was an issue for the owner and by then I learned already that he was lying and cheating people so I knew enough.

What I lost? I have worked 5 years without salary because I would get part of the company which turned out to be a lie. Do the math, 5 years 40 hours a week at least, not a single week or weekend without working. What I find harder, I missed 5 years of the life of my kids.

People like to point at a single thing or reason as that is easier but the full story is much more complex (isn't it always) and above is just my short version.

This story is closed, it only knows losers.
When one story ends, new stories begin.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift!
These users thanked the author Ventum for the post (total 2):
Kitemenn (Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am) • BudhaNl (Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:20 am

Ventum wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 am
A story is never black and white. Some things went wrong from the start which made the company lose money. Roughly 60k was wasted on machines which turned out to be useless.
I am not going to name people or companies, bottom line, lot of money wasted. Never the less, the owner turned out to be a person that lies easily and almost never replied to people that were owned money. Both are unacceptable in my opinion and a recipe for disaster.

Short version, Aussies and I had no access to the bank account, we don’t know where money went exactly at the time of their first investments. Later was more clear as they paid straight to things for the factory to keep going. All we know is that they (as I) would get a part of the company but never got the contracts.

What I would get? I was initially promised 40% of both the factory and the brand for running both.... except the finance.
I had a very well-paying job at Unilever R&D to pay my bills. I worked early morning, late night, weekends, vacations.
70-80 hours a week became "normal". After the Aussies joined my share would off course get lower, no problem, things looked better than ever.

When I quitted my paid job to go full pull and willing to invest also money in the factory I asked to put all in a contract and that was an issue for the owner and by then I learned already that he was lying and cheating people so I knew enough.

What I lost? I have worked 5 years without salary because I would get part of the company which turned out to be a lie. Do the math, 5 years 40 hours a week at least, not a single week or weekend without working. What I find harder, I missed 5 years of the life of my kids.

People like to point at a single thing or reason as that is easier but the full story is much more complex (isn't it always) and above is just my short version.

This story is closed, it only knows losers.
When one story ends, new stories begin.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift!
:thumb: It's better to look forward without regrets and hard feelings! Looks like you have learned a lot over those years which you can now bring to practise! OK there have been better times but a new time is coming! At least you have your heart and head in a good place to set something up which will def outpace your history! Good luck and looking forward seeing kites...Have been seeing some demo kites (maybe even you) at Slufter! Would be great to test them one time

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:58 am

I know Bas ( now Ventum former zian) from the beginning with Zian.

for a while I was a kind of liason for him and a German kiteschool, I know Bas as a hard working and honest guy, always trying to help out in case of urgent matters, even giving out his own equipment when Zian gave him shit and did not deliver promised and paid orders.

He tried to work with the means he had and made a lot of friends and other people who respected him over time!

Good luck Sebastiaan, hopefully you can make it now , and get refund for all the losses ( time, money, family etc)

Kind regards
Frank Leliard
These users thanked the author naishdude for the post:
Faxie (Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:38 pm)

Return to “Kitesurfing”