Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha bars

Forum for kitesurfers
beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha bars

Postby beebad » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:45 pm

I wanted to hear reasons not to change my setup. One person saw the same wear on the trimlite. The other person reminded me why i liked the recoil system to begin with, it returns the bar to a set position. Me like this😁 i went ahead and bought a new 12m kite last night from greenhatkiteboarding, but had to hold off on the new bar, after all, i have two bars anyway. Thanks everyone.

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.

Postby dejavu » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm

Been using Trimlite after hesitantly moving away from the recoil and personally I feel that the trimlite bar is uncluttered, light and easy to use. Gradually got out of all my recoils and now just use the trim. As far as longevity I have had no issues with 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions. I don't leave them lying around in the sun on the sand, always wash with fresh water and dry them after use. No issues.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:27 am

Forgot the most important point: works better if you hold the bar "upside down" and wrap the lines around the "bottom" of the bar, pushing the tube/QR to one side of the wrap.

beebad
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Postby beebad » Thu May 21, 2020 3:55 pm

dejavu wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm
Been using Trimlite after hesitantly moving away from the recoil and personally I feel that the trimlite bar is uncluttered, light and easy to use. Gradually got out of all my recoils and now just use the trim. As far as longevity I have had no issues with 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions. I don't leave them lying around in the sun on the sand, always wash with fresh water and dry them after use. No issues.
Well here i am still in the same place. I just bought a 17m Contra and selling my 15m. Seems like whenever i needed a lightwind kite i would struggle with my 15 and there would always be some joker out there on a 17m without a care....

Back to bars.

There is the medium 44-52 and large 52-60 Bars. I think i have always used my bars on the biggest width Anyway, so the large i could use with all my smaller kites, but i would need a large kite fir the giant minster 17. Thoughts?

My other consideration is the depower throw. Seems like the recoil keeps everything right where i can reach it.... thoughts?

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.

Postby dejavu » Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 pm

It does also come down to what you feel comfortable using. The recoil has it merits as you point out. Still great. As for size, a 60 for the 17m is more optimal.......but of course a small bar still works. Try both and you will feel the difference.
These users thanked the author dejavu for the post:
beebad (Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

CanadianGringo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Northern Ontario Lakes
Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Lake Simcoe
Squamish
Crescent Beach NS
The Gorge
Gear: Naish/Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

Postby CanadianGringo » Sun May 24, 2020 6:26 am

I’m a bit anti canrinha bars now. Loved my 2016 trimlite
Newer 2019 trimlite 48-56 not so much. Bigger issue at this point is I need a replacement centre line and the place I bought it from says it’s not In stock. Many other stores the same. Fine. I get it - times are strange. That said canrinha won’t even answer several emails I have sent them about a replacement option. That’s a bit lame. Probably the last cab bar I buy or product due to lack of support and care

beebad
Frequent Poster

Postby beebad » Sun May 24, 2020 6:59 am

Try Kitty hawk kites in Rodanthe or Island surf and sail in Waves....NC

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Call Jeff Howard at kiteboarding.com and he’ll make you a line. And it might be actually a better/stronger line than the original

beebad
Frequent Poster

Postby beebad » Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 pm

CanadianGringo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:26 am
Newer 2019 trimlite 48-56 not so much. Bigger issue at this point is I need a replacement centre line and the place I bought it from says it’s not In stock. Many other stores the same. Fine. I get it - times are strange. That said canrinha won’t even answer several emails I have sent them about a replacement option. That’s a bit lame. Probably the last cab bar I buy or product due to lack of support and care
I just ordered a a new recoil bar and it will be many weeks before i ever get it. I have (2) Bars for this very reason. After my flagging line broke while in OBX I was glad i had an extra bar...i often wondered what would happen if i went on a trip with 3-4 kites a couple boards and my whole gig relied on the ONE bar. I never risked it. Also contact greenhatkiteboarding... good luck friend

Young
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Spanish Banks
Favorite Beaches: Spanish Banks
Squamish
Crescent beach
Boundary Bay
Gear: Ocean rodeo crave10m flite 12naish pivot 7
Cabrinha tronic
Jimmy lewis model 3
Has thanked: 0

Postby Young » Sun May 24, 2020 8:36 pm

CanadianGringo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:26 am
I am having the same problem. It's hard to find a source to get a replacement flagging line. I have a found a few online but the shipping charges cost two to three times more than the price of the line (+/_ $20 cad). This brings up the more significant problem I see with Cabrinha bars: the hole in the chicken loop housing that the center flagging line goes thru is too small.
there is significant resistance to the line passing thru that hole and the line gets frayed with repeated flagging. I don't yet have a replacement flag line but it's just a matter of a few more self landings by popping the chicken loop and that line is eventually going to snap. This problem was identified a few years ago and I dont think Cabrinha has remedied it (please correct me if I am wrong). For those 2 reasons, I am considering another bar manufacturer,. I like the new Airush progression bar and release system, seems really well thought out, thanks to DK, who, ironically enough used to work for Cab. I am not trying to bash Cabrinha, I like the kites but the release system could use a tweak.

Return to “Kitesurfing”