Cabrinha bars

Forum for kitesurfers
beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Chesapeak, Triton, Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island, Mirlo Beach-NC,
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 148 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha bars

Postby beebad » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:45 pm

I wanted to hear reasons not to change my setup. One person saw the same wear on the trimlite. The other person reminded me why i liked the recoil system to begin with, it returns the bar to a set position. Me like this😁 i went ahead and bought a new 12m kite last night from greenhatkiteboarding, but had to hold off on the new bar, after all, i have two bars anyway. Thanks everyone.

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Protec, Rip Curl
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dejavu » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm

Been using Trimlite after hesitantly moving away from the recoil and personally I feel that the trimlite bar is uncluttered, light and easy to use. Gradually got out of all my recoils and now just use the trim. As far as longevity I have had no issues with 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions. I don't leave them lying around in the sun on the sand, always wash with fresh water and dry them after use. No issues.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:27 am

Forgot the most important point: works better if you hold the bar "upside down" and wrap the lines around the "bottom" of the bar, pushing the tube/QR to one side of the wrap.

Return to “Kitesurfing”