Forum for kitesurfers
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1808
- Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm
- Kiting since: 2011
- Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
- Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: 7m Prodigy, 9.5m Prodigy, 12m Prodigy , 12m Flite, 17m Flite. Crazyfly Raptor Pro Neon, Shinnster,
- Brand Affiliation: None
This kite looks interesting for free ride, wave. Also wondering if it will replace the Roam...
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am
- Kiting since: 0
- Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
- Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia
- Location: Australia
The Crave won't replace the Roam.
Roam IMO is better for onshore wave riding and foiling than the Crave.
If you are pure strapless in typical onshore waves and / or wanting a kite for foiling then the new 2020 Roam seems like the kite. Light bar pressure and the weight reduction this year has it drifting and responding to input perfectly, really liking this kite.
Crave has a bit more bar pressure, better boosting (it feels like it may be the best in the OR line up) better hangtime and better upwind. I have only tried the 10m Crave so far at the bottom end of its range so I can only comment on that, the profile and amount of FST change in each kite size.
Freeride, TT, strapless freestyle / boosting mixed with wave riding the Crave is a great option.
Both are really great kites, just different.
But hats off to Ocean Rodeo design team this season, there's some really great and noticeable improvements across the whole range of kites.
- These users thanked the author EastCC for the post:
- matth (Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:29 pm)
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: dice, Google [Bot], Rob112, surferlars, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests