Forum for kitesurfers
Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone Click vs Trust bar...

Postby Matteo V » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:30 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 pm
So "if I buy something for $1000, and can sell it for $200 a year later, I lost $600" :?:

You couldn't make it up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
cappyCore actually outed me as "making my posts at only one time of the morning" a while back. cappy even looked up where my time zone was.

irie, there is one more thing you are missing in my posts that you need to "correct". I am putting that out there to give you something to contribute to the conversation. So could you do some more checking?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:30 pm
iriejohn wrote:
So "if I buy something for $1000, and can sell it for $200 a year later, I lost $600" :?:

cappyCore actually outed me as "making my posts at only one time of the morning" a while back. cappy even looked up where my time zone was.

irie, there is one more thing you are missing in my posts that you need to "correct". I am putting that out there to give you something to contribute to the conversation. So could you do some more checking?
Your Matteomatics [sic] is correct if you were using radix 8 (octal), that's what you really meant, wasn't it? :lol:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Duotone Click vs Trust bar

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:20 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:37 am
If we followed your advice, we’d all be riding 2-line Wipikas and riding pickle forks...
If we followed your logic, we would all be riding bars with pulleys to increase turning speed. Or by now, maybe we would even have multiple pulleys on each side of the bar.

A few "advancements" in kiteboarding have actually been "gamechangers". Most have been mistakes. Not every thing we are sold as an advancement is actually better. Any kiter with 10 years of experience is well aware of that.
:roll:

You’re not even wrong

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:32 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:12 pm
Matteo V wrote:
iriejohn wrote:

Your Matteomatics [sic] is correct if you were using radix 8 (octal), that's what you really meant, wasn't it? :lol:
Nope, just that you are almost as easy to bait as cappy was. And on top of that, you seem to get fixated on off topic wingeing the second you let yourself get sidetracked. My money is on you keeping this one going for one more post this topic, and bringing it up in at at least two other threads.

But still very much at your service once again, irie!

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:32 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:12 pm
Matteo V wrote:

Nope, just that you are almost as easy to bait as cappy was. And on top of that, you seem to get fixated on off topic wingeing the second you let yourself get sidetracked. My money is on you keeping this one going for one more post this topic, and bringing it up in at at least two other threads.

But still very much at your service once again, irie!
It's "whingeing" or "whinging".

hth

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:56 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 pm

hth
Well, which one? Crap, don't answer that as I only thought you would post only once more. And I think you finally got it that I baited you into pointing out a math error....THAT MAKES MY POINT FOR ME! > AND EVEN STRONGER.

A.$1000 bar
B. Resale on pretty much any bar out of warranty with 1 year of use on the lineset $200.
C. Total loss from $1000 bar sold one year later - $600 - Correct the math if you want

A. $500 bar
B. Resale on pretty much any bar out of warranty with 1 year of use on the lineset $200. > Lets go $180 since it is just a stick with no internal mechanisms
C. Total loss from $1000 bar sold one year later - $320 - No correction needed - it is just $320

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:10 am

Matteo V wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:56 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 pm

hth
Well, which one? Crap, don't answer that as I only thought you would post only once more. And I think you finally got it that I baited you into pointing out a math error....THAT MAKES MY POINT FOR ME! > AND EVEN STRONGER.

A.$1000 bar
B. Resale on pretty much any bar out of warranty with 1 year of use on the lineset $200.
C. Total loss from $1000 bar sold one year later - $600 - Correct the math if you want

A. $500 bar
B. Resale on pretty much any bar out of warranty with 1 year of use on the lineset $200. > Lets go $180 since it is just a stick with no internal mechanisms
C. Total loss from $1000 bar sold one year later - $320 - No correction needed - it is just $320
I for one wouldn’t be giving you over 50% of retail for a used year old bar :roll:

You’re just pulling random numbers out of your ass.

Exal
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am

Topic was if the click bar features are worth the premium you pay over the other bar. None of your posts help with that since the increase in features is not linear to an increase in money paid and a very subjective thing. Also ideally you should've used the bars in question when you comment here 🤪

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:03 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:37 am
longwhitecloud wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 am
i have a seen quite a few second hand ones for sale- don't seem to be snapped up like hotcakes at 30% of the retail price.

My advice - don't get one.
Where? I’ll take one.

If we followed your advice, we’d all be riding 2-line Wipikas and riding pickle forks...
lol! i'd respect anyone that can still ride that equipment for sure, i tried recently - you need to be soooo powered!

The click bar doesnt actually do anything to benefit anyones riding, just increases failure points (i actually have a MechEng - Hons), and at high expense that inhibits entry into the sport

Click bars, don't do it. Let your riding do the talking not your click bar.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:38 am

longwhitecloud wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:03 am
lol! i'd respect anyone that can still ride that equipment for sure, i tried recently - you need to be soooo powered!

The click bar doesnt actually do anything to benefit anyones riding, just increases failure points (i actually have a MechEng - Hons), and at high expense that inhibits entry into the sport

Click bars, don't do it. Let your riding do the talking not your click bar.
And yet ...where are all the failures? I'd debate the failure points, but I don't know what you mean. Apart from the mechanism itself, the whole unit seems simpler.

So don't buy one. There are a hundred different bar options, nobody is obliged to buy a Click bar :lol:

What does that even mean? :lol: :lol:

Got the links to the quite a few that are going used?

Return to “Kitesurfing”