Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Naish 5th line to 4 line bar

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Could the 2019 Naish Torch 5 line bar be easily converted to a 4 line bar. It looks like you could easily pull the 5th line thorugh the bar and attach the end of the elasticated safety to one of the front lines at the "Naish line organiser". I have a full set of Torchs and ordered a Dash, just wondering if could get away without having to buy two more bars...I'm not keen on the standard Naish 4 line bar as I want a much smaller throw on the center line. I imagine if it doesn't work I could buy a standard 4 line "Naish line organiser" and convert to 4 lines ?

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish duotone cwb burton ronix rpm ozone

Re: Naish 5th line to 4 line bar

Postby edt » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Good question. Let us know if you figure this out. Sounds like an easy experiment you can do on a light wind day.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:14 am

I asked Naish about that as I was looking for a shorter 50cm ATB last year, which at that time they hadn't in their line. I was told that is no-go due to depower line length difference.
Maybe test in light wind conditions is going to be misleading...be careful.
Anyway, looking forward to see what you'll eventually come up to.

BillyGoatGruff
Frequent Poster

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:44 am

no-go due to depower line length difference
... I was wonder that too. I think it would work as the connection point in the red stopper is designed to pull through the clam cleat and chicken loop.

runner1
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: St Kilda

Postby runner1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:54 am

Easy to do, but be warned the 5th line bar has a much shorter throw so you can't Depower the dash as much as with the normal bar

BillyGoatGruff
Frequent Poster

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi "runner1" - I appreciate you would not have that much throw on the bar but I have been riding Torch's for 5 years so am used to edging to kill the power, and like riding powered up. Did you convert the bar shown above ?

I can't see any issues with the safety line pulling through the chicken loop and getting caught. It would be great to have a Torch type bar that could do 4 or 5 line kites. I really dislike the new Naish bars like the pivot one with a stupid long bar throw.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 am

You can adjust the bar throw by moving the cleat on the ATB as close as you want. It is designed that way. However, the long bar throw is no an issue on the Dash unless you're used to ride against the stopper ( i.e.overpowered)
The thing that I miss on the 4line bar compared to Torch one is the coated depower line. :)

runner1
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: St Kilda

Postby runner1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:07 pm

BillyGoatGruff wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:54 pm
Hi "runner1" - I appreciate you would not have that much throw on the bar but I have been riding Torch's for 5 years so am used to edging to kill the power, and like riding powered up. Did you convert the bar shown above ?

I can't see any issues with the safety line pulling through the chicken loop and getting caught. It would be great to have a Torch type bar that could do 4 or 5 line kites. I really dislike the new Naish bars like the pivot one with a stupid long bar throw.
Yes, just like the one above. I did it to get a shorter bar for use with my Dash's, tried the safety on land and it worked fine, and have since had an accidental release which confirmed flagging works in use.

Return to “Kitesurfing”