Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I'm less addicted, kiting less and now i'm a better person because of it.

Forum for kitesurfers
knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: I'm less addicted, kiting less and now i'm a better person because of it.

Postby knotwindy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:39 pm

For what it’s worth, my addiction has changed. The stoke is still there, I still want to get in the wind and water whenever it’s possible. But it has changed from full on adrenaline crank to more of the ‘fit into the flow, zen’ thing. Where everything gets quiet and smooth and clean and the conditions dictate the ride instead of only trying to push my limits.
On the crazy big days I still do the adrenaline thing because you have to just to survive but the other, more common days where it just gets joyous to be out it’s due to finding the flow.
Sort of gone from full ego at what I can do to way less ego to see how I might fit in and become part of something bigger, more like meditation I guess.

But still can’t wait to get out and feel it. And I have no idea if it’s made me a better person :?:
These users thanked the author knotwindy for the post:
Peter_Frank (Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:45 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth,
Gear: Naish Pivots and Slash, F-One Mitu 5'4, F-One Mitu 5'8, old Naish 5'4 Quad (like a guided missile!),

Postby jonysan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:41 pm

[/For what it’s worth, my addiction has changed. The stoke is still there, I still want to get in the wind and water whenever it’s possible. But it has changed from full on adrenaline crank to more of the ‘fit into the flow, zen’ thing. Where everything gets quiet and smooth and clean and the conditions dictate the ride instead of only trying to push my limits.
On the crazy big days I still do the adrenaline thing because you have to just to survive but the other, more common days where it just gets joyous to be out it’s due to finding the flow.
Sort of gone from full ego at what I can do to way less ego to see how I might fit in and become part of something bigger, more like meditation I guess.

But still can’t wait to get out and feel it. And I have no idea if it’s made me a better person

quote]

after nearly twenty years, I feel exactly the same way about my Kitesurf sessions, thank you for putting it so eloquently. :thumb:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Knotwindy is spot in - exactly the same addiction (if not, one should maybe do something else...), just seeking the "Zen feel" most sessions, no matter if fluid hydrofoil sessions, or heavy big wave gnarly conditions on a waveboard, and occasionally simply pushing the adrenaline borders :thumb:

8) Peter

Return to “Kitesurfing”