Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: what type of control bar is this?

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 pm

edt wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:05 pm
I wouldn't buy those used control bars you have to buy a new set of lines that's from $100 to $200 depending on what set of lines you buy, and the bars are between $150 and $250 so total price will be more than new old stock for $250

https://www.realwatersports.com/product ... OvEALw_wcB

I usually buy new old stock Naish control bars but don't see them around this year.
You should see how fresh most of the lines on used bars are at REAL. I'm sure they are just as good at any spot with a lesson program. They swap em out after a season and most are in fantastic shape.

Saying you have to buy fresh lines is overkill. I've bought plenty of used bars and never had an issue. Barring an incident that actually compromises a line, they last sooooooo long. I'm pretty sure REAL does'n't sell a bar with lines that have any noticeable wear on them. They just want to blow em out so students can be on fresh stuff.

Pretty much a worry free order. Just be nice to whoever you get on the phone and they will pick you the freshest one.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm

I haven't bought used control bars from real yet but other places I always have to swap out the lines. Sounds like it's worth a shot.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:27 am

Burn it!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”