Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: twintip use inappropriate

Postby edt » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:57 am

fzonatto wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:30 am
Not is not the dangerous is they want the spot from themselves is very simple I know the spot

There is nothing magic is sand bottom and actually I should make the call if is dangerous for me
tks fzonatto. Couldn't tell that from the sign I figured they were just protecting the spot from new kiters that might hit a sun bather. But what happens if a bunch of guys start showing up with surfboards they will have to change the sign again to keep the foreigners away.
These users thanked the author edt for the post:
fzonatto (Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:03 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:14 am

fzonatto wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:30 am

Not is not the dangerous is they want the spot from themselves is very simple I know the spot

There is nothing magic is sand bottom and actually I should make the call if is dangerous for me
In which case I would disregard the sign and ride.
I would make sure I didn't interrupt the rotation and then I would let my riding speak for its self.
These users thanked the author plummet for the post:
fzonatto (Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:03 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Pana
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 200 lbs
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Baie des Brises
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Paracuru, Santa Veronica
Style: Smooth, old school, wave carver
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam HL 6-7-8 & 9m. Aluula 10-12 & 14m
Nomad wave TT
Shared gear with adorable wife

Postby Pana » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Humm, do not hear much on the respect for what the locals are trying to organise for that spot. After all if there is some kind of agreement leading to putting up an official post who are we to criticise that !

Not happy with some spots putting in hours for fishing/surfing/kitesurfing based on local discussions, just stay away, don be that guy.

If a spot is chosen and agreed upon locally to be a wave riding spot then respect that etiquette, be on a tt or sb. You can go and jump but recoknise that wave etiquette is dominant over std flat water riding convention there or just dont go.

Hate the smart asses who think the are above the comunity.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Pana wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 pm
Humm, do not hear much on the respect for what the locals are trying to organise for that spot. After all if there is some kind of agreement leading to putting up an official post who are we to criticise that !

Not happy with some spots putting in hours for fishing/surfing/kitesurfing based on local discussions, just stay away, don be that guy.

If a spot is chosen and agreed upon locally to be a wave riding spot then respect that etiquette, be on a tt or sb. You can go and jump but recoknise that wave etiquette is dominant over std flat water riding convention there or just dont go.

Hate the smart asses who think the are above the comunity.
The consternation in this post is because the sign states what type of board is inappropriate, not what type of riding. It would be like having a sign saying only surfboards, no boogie boards or standup paddleboards.
It's is just elitist selfish bullshit.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Pana wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 pm
Not familiar with situation in that particular case.. Maybe whoever setup up the sign was driven by only best motivations... maybe.
From my experience, most locals treat nearby public beaches as their own property and get very territorial when given a tiny chance.
We have a bunch of little townships on Long Island, NY, that essentially restricted access to "their" beaches for non-residents.
So basically they can go and use my local beach but I can't go to theirs.. And every time they get flooded we all pay to bail them out...

ELI
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ELI
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabs,Sling and Custom

Postby ELI » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:35 pm

Deniska, I am not certain what towns ,villages ,or hamlets you are referring to? I live in ELI and anyone can use the beaches . You just have to pay to park if you are a non-resident ,same as the mid island ones .I live on the border of 2 towns and can only legally park on 1 side of the road . Could you elaborate ? I don't want to take this off the OP's subject but plan on doing a road trip to a N/W wind spot on the island .

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 am

ELI wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:35 pm
Deniska, I am not certain what towns ,villages ,or hamlets you are referring to? I live in ELI and anyone can use the beaches . You just have to pay to park if you are a non-resident ,same as the mid island ones .I live on the border of 2 towns and can only legally park on 1 side of the road . Could you elaborate ? I don't want to take this off the OP's subject but plan on doing a road trip to a N/W wind spot on the island .
Parking at beaches like Tobay, Gilgo, Overlook are either "residents only" or have stupid high fees for NON-residents like $40-60. You can get cheaper parking at NYC next to a broadway show. Now, if you decide to go to Coney Island beach in Brooklyn, it's either street parking for free or a small fee or a big parking lot at ~$15, Manhattan Beach (in Brooklyn) is about $20 all the same for residents and visitors. Same rules and fees for everyone.. how it should be.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:13 am

deniska wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 am
Parking at beaches like Tobay, Gilgo, Overlook are either "residents only" or have stupid high fees for NON-residents like $40-60.
$40 TO $60 A DAY???

deniska
Very Frequent Poster

Postby deniska » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:02 am

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:13 am
deniska wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 am
Parking at beaches like Tobay, Gilgo, Overlook are either "residents only" or have stupid high fees for NON-residents like $40-60.
$40 TO $60 A DAY???
of course.. but locals get their seasonal stickers for either free or up to $60 (for the season)
http://oysterbaytown.com/departments/parks/beaches/
This is done to keep the crowds away.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.