ELI
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ELI
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabs,Sling and Custom
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: twintip use inappropriate

Postby ELI » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm

I did not intend by my question to take this post off of what the OP started . If I am clear on the beach Gilgo ,All are allowed to use it,and buy beach driving permits, But the parking is on town property and maintained by the town so the reason for the cost .You can be dropped off,bike or walk there.Some beaches where I live have showers ,changing rooms ,bathrooms ,garbage pickup ,parking lot maintenance ,life guards,disabled wheel chairs and access designed for them ,volley ball nets, are posted for hazards ,patrolled and some are raked everymorning,you can come and pay to park ,walk bike or get dropped off for free ,My taxes entitle me to a reduced permit.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish duotone cwb burton ronix ozone cabrinha north flysurfer

Postby edt » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:02 am

I call those sorts of people "looking at" people. They like looking at their beach. That's it. They just like looking at it. They hate it when the view is polluted with actual human beings. They also hate windmills because it ruins their "looking at" beach. They never actually get out and use nature. They don't surf, walk, swim nothing. They just like looking at it either from their houses or from their cars. They will do anything they can to keep out the unwashed rabble from those little places on earth they think they own. They don't understand the earth is for everyone. They got a frown on their face all the time and their punishment is that they have to be themselves.
These users thanked the author edt for the post:
rynhardt (Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:34 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:49 am

ELI wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm
I did not intend by my question to take this post off of what the OP started . If I am clear on the beach Gilgo ,All are allowed to use it,and buy beach driving permits, But the parking is on town property and maintained by the town so the reason for the cost .You can be dropped off,bike or walk there.Some beaches where I live have showers ,changing rooms ,bathrooms ,garbage pickup ,parking lot maintenance ,life guards,disabled wheel chairs and access designed for them ,volley ball nets, are posted for hazards ,patrolled and some are raked everymorning,you can come and pay to park ,walk bike or get dropped off for free ,My taxes entitle me to a reduced permit.
You are probably too far away to actually know the area..
They only started the 4x4/fishing permit in 2019, after the state dumped 26mil in to beach restoration project. (my state taxes at work)
Of course if you actually try to get one you'll find out that it's nearly impossible.. Hell you can't even get information on it from NY state website (broken link).
You basically need to drive to a city of Babylon and try to get it in person.. there is a tight quota so chances are you will be out of luck.
And you do need a 4x4 and a fishing pole.. it's for fishing not for general use.. and they do enforce it.
So, a lot of red tape, which makes it nearly impossible for anyone in the state to use the park but a small group of "locals" (Most are just rich douche-bags that don't live there and just own summer houses there..)
And no, it's kind of tough to park elsewhere and get there by bicycle.. the nearest parking lot at Jones Beach is ~$20 and 7-8 miles away.
And for poor locals, there are also 2-3 "residents only" beaches only a mile away (Cedar/Overlook)...

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:54 am

downunder wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 am
Im sorry to learn that you do not have a club you can be a member off. I guess a modern nomad living in a wagon cant be a "local" anyway ;)
??? Dont know where you got that, but I am a born n raised local 6months out of the year. I work with state and local agencies for access to our spots.

The other 6months, well.... the locals have kind of taken me in where I go. And I still work for access abroad.....or two.

Return to “Kitesurfing”