Forum for kitesurfers
ckramer
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Namibia July/August

Postby ckramer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:46 pm

I just booked a vacation in Namibia and still planning... it wont be exclusively a kiting holiday, there is so much to see, but I would like to get to a couple of spots for a day or two.
I have been out of the scene for years now, sold my gear and everything since I had to relocate for work.
That said is Nabia good for someone like me trying to get again into the sport? I will humbly consider myself a beginner undil I get back some feel into it,I don't like crowded spaces, never did, from what I read seems like Namibia ist very popular, which brings out a problem, I wont have any gear so will have to rent everything, are schools well equipped with modern safe gear? I'm asking here as from experience when you read online or ask directly schools or rental places, the picture you get is very different from reality. I'm into diving and free-diving too and sometimes the equipment they give you is shocking...

Kozzie
Medium Poster
Local Beach: brighton
Style: freestyle

Re: Namibia July/August

Postby Kozzie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Why even bother with kiting and all the bullshit kiting equipment brings if your just going to use it for a few days on a holiday?!? Just rent a big ass surfboard and paddle and go for some dives.

God you cant pay me enough to go kiting sometimes i wish i had no gear. Supidest sport ever made honestly . The joy you can have from just dicking around on a minimal on a holiday is so much better then the whole rigmarole of bloody talking on forums talking to schools trying to get gear remembering what your doing then what? Do a jump? Maybe a backroll? Your obviously shit otherwise you would have your own gear and by shit i mean you dont even unhook. So seriously dude just go surfing leave all the JOYS of renting a bloody car at the airport that is kiting to someone else.

Ill take a pissed in wetty and a broken octopus and a bcd with a hole in it any day over some bloody ragged out school kite thats already got pinholes in it and ready to rip. Least with the diving you get to actually SEEsomething. What are you going to do with your rental kite gear? Apart from be annoyed other people are kiting next to you?

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..

Postby elguapo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Kozzie wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:51 pm
Why even bother with kiting and all the bullshit kiting equipment brings if your just going to use it for a few days on a holiday?!? Just rent a big ass surfboard and paddle and go for some dives.

God you cant pay me enough to go kiting sometimes i wish i had no gear. Supidest sport ever made honestly . The joy you can have from just dicking around on a minimal on a holiday is so much better then the whole rigmarole of bloody talking on forums talking to schools trying to get gear remembering what your doing then what? Do a jump? Maybe a backroll? Your obviously shit otherwise you would have your own gear and by shit i mean you dont even unhook. So seriously dude just go surfing leave all the JOYS of renting a bloody car at the airport that is kiting to someone else.

Ill take a pissed in wetty and a broken octopus and a bcd with a hole in it any day over some bloody ragged out school kite thats already got pinholes in it and ready to rip. Least with the diving you get to actually SEEsomething. What are you going to do with your rental kite gear? Apart from be annoyed other people are kiting next to you?

brah, you done forgot to take your paxil again didnt you?

Kozzie
Medium Poster
Local Beach: brighton
Style: freestyle

Postby Kozzie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am

Nah was just some sort of new chinese meth

But still homeboy needs one those docs with the calipers that check your skull size. Renting kitegear when not current is just a massive stuff around for everyone involved.

If he really wants to kite he needs to book an advanced lesson with an instructor they can do a refresh/handhold lesson and then if hes good enuff rent him the gear.

Meanwhile... Buying a dinged up surfboard for the week or 2 is a thousand times more fun. Theyre like scooters that you give your holiday ladyboy before you go back home to your wife and kids. No one back home gives a hoot if you "got back into" kitesurfing they want to hear about how you got drunk and pitted by a woman called lola.

Namibias got some endless summer style spots that are just FUN and epidomy of adventure, and OP wants to be a nuisance to everyone and thing on the beach poo stanceing around doing 2 foot boosts putting kites on boats and trees instead.

He hasnt posted for 9 years

ckramer
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby ckramer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Forgot some stupid fuckers always posting shit here now I remember why i stopped coming in here. You dont know anything about me stupid nice person talk to me in my face with taht attitude ant its you ona tree not my kite fucking idiot go jerk off in your moms basement a hole

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Presumably hasn’t posted for 9 years because of bell ends giving shitty answers.

Return to “Kitesurfing”