Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Insta one x 360 venture case linemount availability

Forum for kitesurfers
bkkite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay (Long Island)
Favorite Beaches: Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 9/12/19m (switched from Slingshot Rallys). Slingshot Misfit 146cm, North Nugget 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Insta one x 360 venture case linemount availability

Postby bkkite » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:50 am

Very cool, super interested to see test footage.

How does the waterproof case affect image quality?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, LF, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm

The 'system' can be setup dual options.
* First option is the water proof with Venture (2019) case. There are a lot of youtube videos of it.
* Then second option is to use Camera-only wrapper-adapter shown on picture inside kite kitemount, it was found on thingverse. That is for winter kiting and other non-water hobbies. That mount can be used on any GoPro-mounts (drone, linemount, helmet/chest/wrist mount etc).

jorg
Medium Poster
Gear: Switch Nitro

Postby jorg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:49 pm

hey joriws
any update on insta onex 360 mount? do you plan to mass-produce something for GoPro Max as well?

joriws wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm
The 'system' can be setup dual options.
* First option is the water proof with Venture (2019) case. There are a lot of youtube videos of it.
* Then second option is to use Camera-only wrapper-adapter shown on picture inside kite kitemount, it was found on thingverse. That is for winter kiting and other non-water hobbies. That mount can be used on any GoPro-mounts (drone, linemount, helmet/chest/wrist mount etc).

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:19 pm

I modified a gopro mount from thingiverse as a test for the 360 max but I’m currently working on a slightly different design with the camera pointing down. I’m also trying to make it loop proof. Not sure how well my other idea will work. This was just a dimensional test print. Next print will be nylon as I finally got the spool in.
Attachments
71C0C5C2-65D4-464B-813F-14BB010D8281.jpeg

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, LF, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:13 am

Norcom, looks good. I'd guess you need coating for the mount to prevent moisture getting in and detaching the 3d printed strings?

Jorg, unfortunately I don't have Max to measure if it can be placed inside of my mount directly. With cad programs mounts are easy to stretch and place gopro mounting plate. For production of my Insta-mount, sorry not possible. It worked well on my snowkite trip, only FLS safety line was a bit problematic on my bar.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 pm

joriws wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:13 am
Norcom, looks good. I'd guess you need coating for the mount to prevent moisture getting in and detaching the 3d printed strings?

Thanks! :lol: Waterproof. I guess I hadn't thought about it that far. I figured since it's nylon or polycarbonate it will hold up. I guess there maybe issues with that in 3d printing. I could possibly cover them with epoxy. I just got the 3d printer last week so I've been messing around with lots of ideas. But I don't think many of them will see the light of day. :D Even after printing that test print I realized all edges need to be beveled because they're very sharp on the model I used. Every time I make a change I realized something else that will or wont work and then I feel like it's back to square one.

This is what I was thinking trying to make it loop proof. I would prefer to have at least one lens pointed at me so there's no stitching for the best shots. The kite mount I use right now does that but having the GoPro stick out sideways make it pretty sketchy to loop in larger surf. Not even sure any of this will work, just day dreaming. :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 11.16.48 AM.png

jorg
Medium Poster

Postby jorg » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:06 am

Looks great. These are what we need.
will you guys make these mounts available for the public? (Free or with a charge)

norcom wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks! :lol: Waterproof. I guess I hadn't thought about it that far. I figured since it's nylon or polycarbonate it will hold up. I guess there maybe issues with that in 3d printing. I could possibly cover them with epoxy. I just got the 3d printer last week so I've been messing around with lots of ideas. But I don't think many of them will see the light of day. :D Even after printing that test print I realized all edges need to be beveled because they're very sharp on the model I used. Every time I make a change I realized something else that will or wont work and then I feel like it's back to square one.

This is what I was thinking trying to make it loop proof. I would prefer to have at least one lens pointed at me so there's no stitching for the best shots. The kite mount I use right now does that but having the GoPro stick out sideways make it pretty sketchy to loop in larger surf. Not even sure any of this will work, just day dreaming. :D

norcom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby norcom » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:34 am

jorg wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:06 am
Looks great. These are what we need.
will you guys make these mounts available for the public? (Free or with a charge)
I'll share mine but I need to make sure it at least sorf of fits/works. I'm not a drafter so this is a hack-job at best. I just finished up a few details and sent it to the printer! Seven hours of printing and I'm sure I'll have to hack-up half of it again. :lol: Final print's calculating at over 24hrs of printing time. I should have printed just the mount as a test fit, previous one didn't align the screw but I want to see if the loop-ring is visible in the camera. I was thinking of making the line guides shorter to have a full unobstructed view from both lenses. I don't think they need to be that long unless the lines are completely slack. Had to update the design from my previous post after I realized the lines were running right through the mount screw. Luckily the 360 camera doesn't care which way it's pointed!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 12.08.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 12.12.52 AM.png
These users thanked the author norcom for the post:
SaulOhio (Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm)
Rating: 10%

norcom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby norcom » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Seven hours later and WOW! I'm STOKED! This turned out SO MUCH better than I ever expected! I'm actually kind of excited to release this thing. :jump:
Few things to fix. The hole where the screw is supposed to go in is too small. One of the walls on the GoPro mount seems hollow; I believe I need to solidify the body there. I forgot the power button hole. :lol: Perhaps I'll extend the GoPro mount area up to the ring for extra strength; add some arches between the frame/ring for even more strength? It's a bit wider than my CAMRIG mount but the green line plugs fit right in.

This flimsy test print feels like it could handle a few easy sessions. :D The Max just slid in like a glove from the top with everything aligned. The ring around the camera is INVISIBLE but the line guides aren't. I'm not sure that I could get rid of them completely without creating too much wobble in the camera. I think in order to get them 100% out of view the camera orientation would need to be similar to the red mount design I posted earlier. But that camera view puts the rider in the stitch zone. Might cobble up one of those as well since it's just moving around a few pieces.

I'm still debating if the loop-ring will actually prevent line tangles after loops? I FEEL like it will because it wont get snagged like on the camera and it's corners and if it does, it should be fairly easy to move the line back?

I'll start a new thread once I can fix these things and upload the STL to thingiverse.

:D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.34.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.34.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.34.51 AM.png
These users thanked the author norcom for the post:
SaulOhio (Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:01 pm)
Rating: 10%

jorg
Medium Poster

Postby jorg » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Amazing,
as long as the loop(ring) or frames are thinner than the camera, the stitches will cancel them out and won't be visible. If they are thicker they will be visible.

Return to “Kitesurfing”