Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha control bar landing line sticky

Forum for kitesurfers
IWB2
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha control bar landing line sticky

Postby IWB2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:59 pm

Here is a link to a switchblade ids landing once activating quick release. So easy and simple with very little pull.

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dejavu » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:41 pm

Safety, above all, is the priority for you when kiting. I suggest you take your bar to the Cabrinha Dealer closest to you and seek professional advice. Hard to really comment too much on a 2011 Bar as it is unknown just how much use it has had and been treated. They will advise and keep you safe. I suggest you do not use until you have this cleared.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:50 am

Yeah. I've had SB for a couple of years now and they are far less inclined ... but drill do it. Just don't fly do high off the ground :lol:

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:24 am

deleted.
Last edited by ronnie on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:44 am

Ribulose wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:23 pm
I recently bought used gear to get into kitesurfing. The kite and bar are a 2011 Cabrinha. When I pull the emergency release on the control bar the landing line doesn't slide out smoothly. It feels hard for me to pull it through the black pipe. Is this normal? If it isn't, please let me know the fix. Thanks.
Another thing that can produce drag is if the IDS line and the other centreline are twisted around each other below the bottom of the Y of the front lines.

This is a video showing how to take the IDS line out and replace it. At about 3:40 into the video he shows that the screws on the stopper ball should be in line with the divider between the two halves of the black PU tube (otherwise they can close down the area inside the tube). You can check to see if the screws in your assembly are in line with the divider.

The IDS works by getting the bar (and back lines) to the point where the two front lines come together, about 3m above the chickenloop. You can get the same result by pulling the centrelines down until the bottom of the centrelines is at the bar and hold the bottom of the centrelines to the centre of the bar- that will activate the safety system.

I used to end a session like in this video, but by pulling the centrelines down instead of using the Q/R.

I would then fold one rear line to the centre of the bar and wrap the 1.5m of doubled over centrelines around that half of the bar. Then I could wind all 4 flying lines around the bar ends in a figure 8 as usual.
It's possible to drift launch the kite then by reversing that process.

Return to “Kitesurfing”