DaneJurez
Rare Poster
Gear: Liquid force, Airush, North, Naish, Flex foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Flexifoil LE bladder valve delimitation

Postby DaneJurez » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Has anyone else bought an oem flexi foil bladder from flexi foil International in the UK and had the two two-way and one-way valves delaminate the second time you pump it up?

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Re: New Flexifoil LE bladder valve delimitation

Postby Pemba » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 am

Has that happened to me ? Not the way you have just described but I've had lots of valves delaminate. Valve delamination is quite common for older kites of just about all makes. There is a lot of information about it on this forum and some real experts on fixing them as well. If it happened to the two valves it is likeley to happen soon to the rest as well so you could consider taking them off, if necessary with hot water and fixing in advance. I think the recommended glue is PU glue (aquasure and other). Clean and sand valve and glue back on. There are also things like "valve traps", basically a sticky patch so possibly an easier but more expensive fix.

BillyGoatGruff
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 am

Contact Flexifoil, they are still in business and selling parts. I was in contact with them last week and bought a few parts. They still have fantastic customer service.

DaneJurez
Rare Poster
Gear: Liquid force, Airush, North, Naish, Flex foil
Been thanked: 0

Postby DaneJurez » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Pemba wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 am
Has that happened to me ? Not the way you have just described but I've had lots of valves delaminate. Valve delamination is quite common for older kites of just about all makes. There is a lot of information about it on this forum and some real experts on fixing them as well. If it happened to the two valves it is likeley to happen soon to the rest as well so you could consider taking them off, if necessary with hot water and fixing in advance. I think the recommended glue is PU glue (aquasure and other). Clean and sand valve and glue back on. There are also things like "valve traps", basically a sticky patch so possibly an easier but more expensive fix.
I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post, I've also had many older kites with valves that delaminate but my question here was: I bought a new bladder from flexifoil International , this bladder comes with two types of valves, it comes with 5 clear strut valves, that are securely fastened and it has three blue valves. two 2-way way and one 1 way. After installing the brand new bladder All three of the blue valves delaminated the second time I pumped up this kite. The one thing that struck me as peculiar was one of the blue valve is permanently folded in half like it was wrapped too or for too long in the package when manufactured. As far as reattaching valves I am experience with that my question here is has anyone else received a new bladder with delaminated valves?

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:18 pm

If it's Flexi, not that improbable that its old stock that's been sitting around for a while. Their replacement LEI stuff must be at least 5 years old by now.

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm

DaneJurez wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:49 pm
Pemba wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 am
I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post, I've also had many older kites with valves that delaminate but my question here was: I bought a new bladder from flexifoil International , this bladder comes with two types of valves, it comes with 5 clear strut valves, that are securely fastened and it has three blue valves. two 2-way way and one 1 way. After installing the brand new bladder All three of the blue valves delaminated the second time I pumped up this kite. The one thing that struck me as peculiar was one of the blue valve is permanently folded in half like it was wrapped too or for too long in the package when manufactured. As far as reattaching valves I am experience with that my question here is has anyone else received a new bladder with delaminated valves?
Sorry, I misunderstood your question then. I haven't had any Flexifoil kites or bladders, so can't help.

caduo
Rare Poster
Gear: cabrinha

Postby caduo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:25 pm

even if the bladder is "new",it s already stored for some years and the glue of the valves or even the material of the valve is corrupted and dead

caduo
Rare Poster
Gear: cabrinha

Postby caduo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:31 pm

happens to other brands also, I have hundreds of bladders like that ,new,still in the package,no need to mention the brand )

Return to “Kitesurfing”