lyrashan
Rare Poster
Gear: RRD kites Stretch board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: kiting and Spanish immersion

Postby lyrashan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 pm

You could answer this for me by telling him your friend, me, has a place for rent in Colombia, with a killer flat water location one hour from Cartagena. He can WhatsApp message me or regular text +15083536771 or email crancomm@aol.com.
Pete

This is from a friend who is there now kiting and loving the place.

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Grizwald wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:57 pm
Thanks everyone.
Cab driver what is accommodation like in Lago Calma? Interesting name given the wind.
oldpeople - san andreas seems like a tourist destination, is it mainly Colombian tourists?
Toby - what is the period / frequency of the waves in Cartegena? I am fine with long slow rollers, I just don't like short and steep. I don't ski moguls anymore and I prefer to avoid chop.
Havre - I started my kiting career in Cabarete back when FreakDog was still popular. At that time there were as many americanos as locals. I guess it could have changed.
zact - I will check out baselang.com Unfortunately discipline is not my greatest strength.
Thanks again.
Griz
Hah! It's lago Calima. My typo really makes it sound lame! There are a variety of accommodations. PM me and I can connect you to some people I know who can steer you in the right direction.

andikite
Rare Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone pro whip csc 5'2
Ride Engine 2019 Harness

Postby andikite » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Spain +1 Come to Tarifa!

Oldpeople
Medium Poster
Local Beach: San andres
Style: Free ride old school
Gear: north dyno
Been thanked: 0

Postby Oldpeople » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:51 pm

San andres is a favorite tourist island for colombians. Also a fair number from argentinia. Not many from US and Europe.
It has a great flat water spot and never crowded. One or two kiters at most. There is a kite school at the beach that does a good job. Small beach to launch and land but someone there to help you. There are four nice apartments for rent across the street from the beach. I don't know of any language schools but you could probably find someone when you are there.. everything is good price wise. Its tough to beat 80 degree water 80 degree air. Blue skies and clear flat water. Winds are mostly in the 15 to 20 kts range. Most people in 10m and 12's. I am normally with my 14m but I like bigger kites. message me for more info.

Return to “Kitesurfing”