Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Re: Twintip board recommendations for people with knee issues

Postby nixmatters » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:28 pm

apollo4000 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:29 pm

... The first two boards are wood core and last two are carbon. The wood core are cheaper and harder and less flexible than the carbon...
So what is the core of the carbon boards? :roll:
Pls don't say foam as there are very few such models on the market and I'm not sure if there is such a bulk production model coming from a big brand.

How can a glassed only TT be harder than carbon skinned one? (yes, it can, but I'm curious to hear if you can explain it)

Your statements sound like 'diesel engine cars are faster than petrol'... or gasoline if you wish
These users thanked the author nixmatters for the post:
apollo4000 (Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:45 am)
Rating: 3.03%

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Re: Twintip board recommendations for people with knee issues

Postby apollo4000 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 am

nixmatters wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:28 pm
apollo4000 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:29 pm

... The first two boards are wood core and last two are carbon. The wood core are cheaper and harder and less flexible than the carbon...
So what is the core of the carbon boards? :roll:
Pls don't say foam as there are very few such models on the market and I'm not sure if there is such a bulk production model coming from a big brand.

How can a glassed only TT be harder than carbon skinned one? (yes, it can, but I'm curious to hear if you can explain it)

Your statements sound like 'diesel engine cars are faster than petrol'... or gasoline if you wish
Lol. Lots of bait there. I’ll leave you to stoke this up again while researching engine and fuel options but my recommendation is electric cars are better for the environment; maybe a carbon electric car.....enjoy

Return to “Kitesurfing”