Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Re: Do a kickflip

Postby Matteo V » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:49 pm

Surfkiternew wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:43 pm
If u like to use your liquid force fish with straps we are Happy for u....but i use twintip straps so much in the past and my improving was stop..cannot learn nothing new becouse my Age level ecc ecc and cannot perform trick i learn when younger..very frustating...

.strapless from zero i learn and improve every session and enjoy kite again.
..keep going with straps until u love them nobody care ..enjoy the sea
Yeah even the most simple things are really difficult strapless. No different than if you duct tape one foot to the opposite butt cheek, and try to kitesurf around (like strapless, how I used to kitesurf [ well.... not exactly). Lots of people will think you're cool for being able to kitesurf with one foot duct taped to the opposite butt cheek, but it's a handicap. Not to say I have any problem with handicaps, just that I don't want to make one for myself like I used to with strapless.

Good show though, old chap!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Online kiteboard commenting, Fortnite.
Gear: World Sailing kite KOOKs. By kiters for kiters. #kitekooks

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:13 am

Matteo V wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:11 pm
Surfkiternew wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:13 pm
But the point Is inthis tread..."do a kickflip"...
u can open One new" do a kickflip with twintip"
Yeah with a strapped super-heavy Liquid Force kite fish, you can still do it. Pain in the a--. and completely useless, but you can still do it. Same as strapless. Just put your feet on top of the straps, and you can call yourself strapless???

Learn my lesson long time ago strapless thinking I was cool. Turns out I was tool. Back to straps it was for me the float around, then and sting like a bee. No more dainty touchy surfboard like a strapless, more like sliding cutting, banging, as I wish I was when I was a surfer.

Sorry for not being able to pull off a back roll with a surfboard with no kite, butt loving the back roll with a kite, straps get rid of the limits, to which I would say surfing does bite.

Kitesurfing ain't surfing. But it's cool, if you want to simulate surfing with a kite.

Bottom line is, most kitesurfers with surfing experience wish their kiting could simulate there surfing. Me, I wish my surfing would simulate my kitesurfing.

Oh, and longy, what kind of super sticky wax do you use on your strapless kitesurf board? Is it closed enough to straps to pull off some "crazy stuff"? Or do you keep the kite tame enough to not pull you off the board?
I prefer deck grip, but some of my boards are waxed. I spend a lot of time falling off. I think my days of hitting kickers at maximum velocity on a surfboard are over.. we will see. I need a break from breaking bones and snapping ligaments.

Surfboards are a lot about the high winds sticking your board to your feet. Wakeskating.. not really as they are generally very heavy to stop that effect.

I always thought it was funny that the park/ wakestylers say they are so influenced by skateboarding and yet glue their feet to a board with $1000 $99 snowboard boots, hold onto handlebars for extra balance, and fall off 1m wide "handrails" onto water.

As much as I love skateboarding, kiteboarding is it's own sport though.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Foil kites on the snow

Postby Matteo V » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:40 am

longwhitecloud wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:13 am
Matteo V wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:11 pm
Surfkiternew wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:13 pm
But the point Is inthis tread..."do a kickflip"...
u can open One new" do a kickflip with twintip"
Yeah with a strapped super-heavy Liquid Force kite fish, you can still do it. Pain in the a--. and completely useless, but you can still do it. Same as strapless. Just put your feet on top of the straps, and you can call yourself strapless???

Learn my lesson long time ago strapless thinking I was cool. Turns out I was tool. Back to straps it was for me the float around, then and sting like a bee. No more dainty touchy surfboard like a strapless, more like sliding cutting, banging, as I wish I was when I was a surfer.

Sorry for not being able to pull off a back roll with a surfboard with no kite, butt loving the back roll with a kite, straps get rid of the limits, to which I would say surfing does bite.

Kitesurfing ain't surfing. But it's cool, if you want to simulate surfing with a kite.

Bottom line is, most kitesurfers with surfing experience wish their kiting could simulate there surfing. Me, I wish my surfing would simulate my kitesurfing.

Oh, and longy, what kind of super sticky wax do you use on your strapless kitesurf board? Is it closed enough to straps to pull off some "crazy stuff"? Or do you keep the kite tame enough to not pull you off the board?
I prefer deck grip, but some of my boards are waxed. I spend a lot of time falling off. I think my days of hitting kickers at maximum velocity on a surfboard are over.. we will see. I need a break from breaking bones and snapping ligaments.

Surfboards are a lot about the high winds sticking your board to your feet. Wakeskating.. not really as they are generally very heavy to stop that effect.

I always thought it was funny that the park/ wakestylers say they are so influenced by skateboarding and yet glue their feet to a board with $1000 $99 snowboard boots, hold onto handlebars for extra balance, and fall off 1m wide "handrails" onto water.

As much as I love skateboarding, kiteboarding is it's own sport though.
Truly it's all about the pursuit of the best roller coaster ride you can possibly have. Some people like to keep it on the kiddie roller coaster and see what they can do. That's cool, but I kind of want to be on the big roller coaster. But not just a big roller coaster, I want to go off the tracks, off the rails. That's the cool thing about kiteboarding, is that you can go completely off the rails and make your own roller coaster. Again, for a long time I thought that staying within the rails was how you were supposed to kite. Took awhile for me to realize, and then putting the straps back on, that a maximization of the system, that's how you got outside of surfing, as in prone surfing, and make it kitesurfing.

No question that I am starting to age out of the straps. Ankles are easy to snap and swell up, back is not doing great anymore, and I don't learn things like back when I was a kid 30 and under, anymore. Guess I'm kind of dumb for having to learn the hard way and take 6 months off of kiting to heal up. Guess I'm truly dumb, for doing that a few times in a row.

But it's a roller coaster, man! Yeah you might take some precautions, but in the end you're going to get your neck snapped...... Unless you're not really having fun.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Foil kites on the snow

Postby Matteo V » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:45 am

longwhitecloud wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:13 am
Not funny, but rather and expansion into something more then the sum of its parts. Sure you can limit yourself to stimulating only the limitations of another sport, but the world is out there, waiting, hoping, yearning, for something that is greater then its roots.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that this should be the average kiteboarders theme song

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1032939684

Better that one, then the original.

Return to “Kitesurfing”