aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Re: Woo Screen App - real time jump display

Postby aleks » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm

Hi, I just released another change to the "Woo Screen" phone app. Now the phone speaks out the height after the jump!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .wooscreen

So, to know the WOO jump height in real time you just need an old phone and a waterproof pouch :D . Definetly something to play with :thumb:

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi, there was no wind for a while, so I made a few changes to the "Woo Screen" app :D :

1. Jump height speach language will be set to your phone's system language, so hopefully it will always speak in your native language :D . If local language data is not available for some reason, speach will revert back to English.
2. Now by default on the phone only jump height metric is displayed in BIG font. If you want to see all other metrics (the way it used to be), go to settings and enable "Show more metrics".
3. Created Russian localization/translation of the phone app.
4. Fixed a few small bugs.

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kjorn » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:01 pm

It would be interesting to push some AI libraries into your app. Feed in the phones acceleration sensors + GPS (and maybe miliseconds) then see if it can predict the jump hight. Check the values agains the Woo to see how close the AI gets. Or maybe capture all that data and feed it into AWS machine learning and see what models it poops out. It'd be a super interesting project, especially as you have the Woo data to help trian the models.
These users thanked the author kjorn for the post:
aleks (Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:20 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:38 pm

kjorn wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:01 pm
It would be interesting to push some AI libraries into your app. Feed in the phones acceleration sensors + GPS (and maybe miliseconds) then see if it can predict the jump hight. Check the values agains the Woo to see how close the AI gets. Or maybe capture all that data and feed it into AWS machine learning and see what models it poops out. It'd be a super interesting project, especially as you have the Woo data to help trian the models.
Yes, it would be pretty cool, but I don't want to compete with WOO or re-create algorithms they use. With this app I simply add few more options for getting real time jump data from WOO :D

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:12 pm

jbrodin wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:57 pm
WOO Worlds wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:39 am
For all the freeriders out there...there is a fun discipline for you!

Have you ever tried to draw a heart with GPS? - Best/most creative entries will win $1'000, $500, $250 :naughty:

All you need to do is use your phone or apple watch or garmin and record a session with WOO, using #wooworlds and #love when uploading

Here are some fun ones we have received thus far:
Question: I have a wear OS 3 watch. How do I record the track? Is it by toggling "enable gps" in the Woo settings app on the watch? Is the GPS-track then automatically logged to the session?
Android Wear OS watches don't record GPS track yet - "Enable GPS" setting is just for speed and distance.

Saving the track is on the list of TO DO things - I don't know when though.
These users thanked the author aleks for the post (total 2):
nothing2seehere (Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am) • Guttorm (Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:08 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi Aleks, I like your progress and help on these apps tremendously. While using your app on apple watch lately I was thinking would it maybe be possible to indicate if you jumped a record (in your session) by for example vibrating 3 times instead of just one. I often wear my watch under my wetsuit and this would help estimating whether I am improving my previous jumps or not. Maybe you can set it at a certain threshold or something so only from 6m it starts giving you that signal...just a thought
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post:
aleks (Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:27 pm)

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:30 pm
Hi Aleks, I like your progress and help on these apps tremendously. While using your app on apple watch lately I was thinking would it maybe be possible to indicate if you jumped a record (in your session) by for example vibrating 3 times instead of just one. I often wear my watch under my wetsuit and this would help estimating whether I am improving my previous jumps or not. Maybe you can set it at a certain threshold or something so only from 6m it starts giving you that signal...just a thought
Thanks Kitemenn. That is exactly what I do on Android and Garmin - vibrate 3 times for the new session best jump :D .

On Apple Watch the vibration and sound for the best jump are different too, but the difference is more subtle (I use standard Apple notifications patterns). I wanted to do 3 vibrations, but that required to implement some advanced haptic feedback patters. Perhaps I should revisit it and implement more distinctive vibrations. Thanks for the suggestion! :thumb:

I'm not sure about threshold though - I don't think it is necessary.
These users thanked the author aleks for the post:
rnelias (Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:45 pm)

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Kitemenn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm

aleks wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:40 pm
Kitemenn wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:30 pm
Thanks Kitemenn. That is exactly what I do on Android and Garmin - vibrate 3 times for the new session best jump :D .

On Apple Watch the vibration and sound for the best jump are different too, but the difference is more subtle (I use standard Apple notifications patterns). I wanted to do 3 vibrations, but that required to implement some advanced haptic feedback patters. Perhaps I should revisit it and implement more distinctive vibrations. Thanks for the suggestion! :thumb:

I'm not sure about threshold though - I don't think it is necessary.
Sounds good because atm I am not able to distinguish any session record. Great you already have it at other watches.

rnelias
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RJ, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Arubinha, RJ
Cumbuco, CE
Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: Boxer 9m for foiling
Rebel SLS 8m or Crave HL 9m for boosting on twintip
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby rnelias » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:44 pm

@aleks

Could you make the axis on these graphs larger? It's almost impossible to read the axis.

It would be good to have the apps data available on the Woo website too.
Screenshot_20211004-154124_WOO Sports.jpg
These users thanked the author rnelias for the post:
aleks (Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:56 pm)

aleks
Frequent Poster

Postby aleks » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:56 pm

rnelias wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:44 pm
@aleks

Could you make the axis on these graphs larger? It's almost impossible to read the axis.

It would be good to have the apps data available on the Woo website too.

Screenshot_20211004-154124_WOO Sports.jpg
I only do the watch part, but I'll pass your request to other developers :thumb:
These users thanked the author aleks for the post:
rnelias (Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:06 am)

Return to “Kitesurfing”