Dude!!! way to go! nice hackaleks wrote: ↑Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:48 pmI just published a new version of Woo Screen app with a lot of new features . It will take a while before Google releases it to the public (they say they are much slower due to the virus), but look out for version v0.70.
There are so many new things, that it will take a few posts to describe them. Here is an exiting one - now you can see jump information in almost real time on ANY smart watch (including Garmin) that can display text of notifications from Android phone (thanks for the idea Gintautas ). This solution is not ideal because you have to have your phone with you during the session, but at least now you can keep your phone somewhere safe in a pocket. Here is a quick demo:
Here is how to set it up:
- Check that notifications are enabled on your watch.
- Make sure that notifications from "Woo Screen" app are also enabled to be shown on the watch. Different watch makers have this setting in different places. For Garmin it is in Connect app (on the phone), Settings/Notifications/App Notifications.
- In Woo Screen app, open menu and enable "Show jump notifications".
- Before the session, open Woo Screen app and connect to your WOO 3. Keep the app running, don't turn off the screen.
- Keep your phone with you during the session. It can be in your pocket, but it must be turned on with the Woo Screen app running.
Actually Android GPS API returns timestamp in nanoseconds for every position reported - more than enough accuracy. It is probably Sportstracker's problem that it doesn't save it in GPX-file properly.joriws wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 amAnother note about track recording, Sportstracker etc tracks are very bad from mobile. Android GPS API does not return GPS timestamp of GPS chip calculated location event. Sportstracker stores Android time in second accuracy, causing worst case that even 3 track points of 1Hz are marked to same second on GPX-file. Really bad. But this could also affect watch distance/time calculation.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], purdyd and 23 guests