Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Forum for kitesurfers
madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby madworld » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:57 pm

omg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 pm
once again, you don't need volume that much in kiting. When in speed (kiting), it's only negative. Better water feel and more flex with thinner boards.
They are surfboards and I like them just the way they are.

User avatar
omg
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby omg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Sure thing, and you based this on what? Have you ever ridden any surfboard say just shy of 2” thick??? But whatever, stick to what they sell and never question anything.

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby madworld » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:23 am

omg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 pm
Sure thing, and you based this on what? Have you ever ridden any surfboard say just shy of 2” thick??? But whatever, stick to what they sell and never question anything.
Bullshit detected.jpg
Last edited by madworld on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author madworld for the post:
Onda (Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:28 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 am
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby foilholio » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:18 pm

The hydroshort is a nice looking shape, helium is nice and light so good for airs. I like squared tails so you can get your foot on it. Round nose so it doesn't impale you. Someone with IQ greater than 90 designed this board. Should move to kites next.
These users thanked the author foilholio for the post:
madworld (Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:06 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

User avatar
omg
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby omg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:56 pm

madworld wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:23 am
omg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 pm
Sure thing, and you based this on what? Have you ever ridden any surfboard say just shy of 2” thick??? But whatever, stick to what they sell and never question anything.

Bullshit detected.jpg
Oiee, you think this is better reply from you than the one you had earlier before the current one, poor you :allbegood: I still repeat, have you tried a board with otherwise the same dimensions, outline, etc. but a bit thinner one with full rails like the other board??? Anyways, I’ll leave it here.

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby madworld » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:08 pm

omg wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:56 pm
madworld wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:23 am
omg wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 pm
Sure thing, and you based this on what? Have you ever ridden any surfboard say just shy of 2” thick??? But whatever, stick to what they sell and never question anything.

Bullshit detected.jpg
Oiee, you think this is better reply from you than the one you had earlier before the current one, poor you :allbegood: I still repeat, have you tried a board with otherwise the same dimensions, outline, etc. but a bit thinner one with full rails like the other board??? Anyways, I’ll leave it here.

Troll

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby madworld » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:13 pm

OMG, you are arrogant and a troll. You are basically calling out everbody in the kitesurf industry designing kite surfboards as not knowing what they are doing. Lets see a few pictures of this holy grail board you speak of so self righteously.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3716
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:37 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby BWD » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Omg is this ok? Image
Or is it too thick?
Tbh I have been thinking of making the next one thicker.
So it can fit an internal foil box. As it is, the fin boxes touch the deck!
I have ridden 3” thick surfboards, 1/2” thick paipos and a lot in between over 15+ years. All have their uses.
For overpowered choppy downwinders without a foil a flexy paipo gives the best comfort for sure.
Other than that it seems to me it’s down to taste, weather and what you have in the quiver.
The hydroshort board looks pretty good to me.
Attachments
6635A2AB-B554-4D07-9E9C-B2A3F4F94645.jpeg
These users thanked the author BWD for the post:
Onda (Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:28 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3300
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Style: Online kiteboard commenting, Fortnite.
Gear: World Sailing kite KOOKs. By kiters for kiters. #kitekooks
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:05 am

Anyone creased a helium?

Onda
Medium Poster
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: North Sea (NL)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Watergate Bay, Daymer Bay (UK)
La Torche (FR)
Le Morne (MRU)
Style: strictly unstrapped + a bit of foiling
Gear: Naish / RRD / Cabrinha / Firewire / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Firewire Hydroshort kite version

Postby Onda » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:27 pm

The useless discussion of surfboard thickness has been exercised more than thoroughly already.
Please stop it!
These users thanked the author Onda for the post (total 4):
ulx (Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:00 pm) • madworld (Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:38 pm) • Toby (Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:52 pm) • jjm (Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:35 pm)
Rating: 33.33%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamj2281, Atte, jjm, maker, MasonJ19, or6, Qman, tautologies and 21 guests