DaneJurez
Rare Poster
Gear: Liquid force, Airush, North, Naish, Flex foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flexifoil bladders

Postby DaneJurez » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:23 am

I needed a new leading-edge bladder for my Flexifoil kite. I wanted one where all the valves would pop in and seat properly like the original so I spent the money for an OEM bladder from the Flexifoil distributor in the UK. They sent me a bladder that was over 10 years old with delaminating valves.. And instead of standing behind their product. They're just going to hang me out to dry. I don't feel very good about this. I have the opinion that I was taking advantage of.. Has Peter from Flexifoil International done this to you or anyone else, you know?

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Re: Flexifoil bladders

Postby windmaker » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:40 am

Flexifoil always had bladder problems. Over 10-year-old bladder for an over 10-year-old kite. If you want a 2020 bladder try Wanikoo (very good) or u-stick, they can make an exact copy of any bladder.

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 am

Not sure where you’ll get with Flexifoil but for your bladder issue, you could try Dr Tuba for help. Their business model is bladders and repair kits and they’re very helpful, so you may have more success with them than a failing business.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:48 pm

DaneJurez wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:23 am
I needed a new leading-edge bladder for my Flexifoil kite. I wanted one where all the valves would pop in and seat properly like the original so I spent the money for an OEM bladder from the Flexifoil distributor in the UK. They sent me a bladder that was over 10 years old with delaminating valves.. And instead of standing behind their product. They're just going to hang me out to dry. I don't feel very good about this. I have the opinion that I was taking advantage of.. Has Peter from Flexifoil International done this to you or anyone else, you know?
You are saying they sent you a faulty bladder and then refused to let you return it? - sounds a bit dire. I get the impression that as a company they are pretty much out of the kitesurf industry now. They do not even seem to make land traction kites any more. It is a shame.

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Flexi are selling off the last bits of their original stock currently, so it’s likely pretty old parts that have sat in storerooms. I purchased from them a few weeks ago and had to return an item, they were brilliant as always and refunded once received. They are selling parts on amazon currently.

caduo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Postby caduo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm

dr tuba is a good solution,but probably the bladder will be more expensive than the kite

Return to “Kitesurfing”