Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Whats happening with Cabrinha distribution?

Forum for kitesurfers
juanpasala
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
Cabo de la Vela
San Andres
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 8-10 / Soul 10-15 / Sonic Race 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Whats happening with Cabrinha distribution?

Postby juanpasala » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:18 pm

gator1 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:23 pm
Shops cant get anything. I've been waiting for weeks.

Is nothing coming out of China?
2020 lineup has a delay of at least 5 months in shipping, know of distrubutors that order by the cointainer load in July during hte meeting and just recieved the new products in January, so not coronavirus related.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Baltic sea
Gear: North, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon laluz.

Postby a99 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Don't worry, on july they will make discounts for their 2020 lineup as always.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: This 'n that
Gear: Lieuwe Shotgun 138x42
Ozone Enduro V2 6/8/10/12m

Postby iriejohn » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:18 am

You evidently do not understand how viruses such as COVID-19 spread. Here's a link ...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 9/fulltext

... which will dispel this nonsense.
foilholio wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:51 am
China is fucked. The government has created the problem by over reacting. It now can't back down because it would need to declare victory and if it did, then well the virus would soon prove who really won. Their precious social order faces one an increasing perilous fate the longer the insane conditions President Poo imposes, and then a wonderful backlash when the people realize it was all for nothing. I mean 99% of the masks they are wearing don't do shit to stop you getting an airborne virus, most of the medical personal are infected and spreading it. Hospitals operating as infecting centers. Apartment buildings as petri dishes. Outside is probably the safest place.

madworld
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:54 am

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... rmous-cost

Trump’s China trade deal doesn’t even get us back to square one, despite immense cost

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 am

iriejohn wrote: You evidently do not understand how viruses such as COVID-19 spread. Here's a link ...

foilholio wrote:
China is fucked. The government has created the problem by over reacting. It now can't back down because it would need to declare victory and if it did, then well the virus would soon prove who really won. Their precious social order faces one an increasing perilous fate the longer the insane conditions President Poo imposes, and then a wonderful backlash when the people realize it was all for nothing. I mean 99% of the masks they are wearing don't do shit to stop you getting an airborne virus, most of the medical personal are infected and spreading it. Hospitals operating as infecting centers. Apartment buildings as petri dishes. Outside is probably the safest place.
OK so locking 800 million people in their homes while your entire economy collapses is not overacting? What do you think is going to happen after a few months of this? What is going to be more damaging, a virus that seems about as bad as the flu or your economy collapsing with riots and starving. The Chinese government is complaining about international restrictions which are about 1000 times less extreme than what they are doing domestically. We now have infections originating from countries other than China, so unless borders are completely closed you can't stop it. It is likely spreading silently already globally for a long time now. Any measure we have taken just slowed it and won't stop it. Round 2 onwards is where things could be interesting. Much of Chinese officials involved as potential vectors are not even using masks that would prevent them becoming infected.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20022434v1 R 7.05

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: This 'n that
Gear: Lieuwe Shotgun 138x42
Ozone Enduro V2 6/8/10/12m

Postby iriejohn » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:29 am

If had you read and understood the link you posted below then you would have realised that it does not support your suppositions! lol
foilholio wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 am
iriejohn wrote: You evidently do not understand how viruses such as COVID-19 spread. Here's a link ...

foilholio wrote:
OK so locking 800 million people in their homes while your entire economy collapses is not overacting? What do you think is going to happen after a few months of this? What is going to be more damaging, a virus that seems about as bad as the flu or your economy collapsing with riots and starving. The Chinese government is complaining about international restrictions which are about 1000 times less extreme than what they are doing domestically. We now have infections originating from countries other than China, so unless borders are completely closed you can't stop it. It is likely spreading silently already globally for a long time now. Any measure we have taken just slowed it and won't stop it. Round 2 onwards is where things could be interesting. Much of Chinese officials involved as potential vectors are not even using masks that would prevent them becoming infected.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20022434v1 R 7.05

slingshotucf
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: LF kites and foils, jim stringfeller foil
Brand Affiliation: LF
Has thanked: 0

Postby slingshotucf » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Anyone know what's up with Neil Pryde distribution? I've been trying to get an XL wing for months and last word was release will be in Spring but, now I'm not sure if that's going to happen. It'll really suck to not be able to up grade my foil especially after waiting so long for this wing.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Perhaps I'm wrong but I read somewhere that Cabrinha ownership went back to Pete (was NP group I think), maybe this is the reason.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:17 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:29 am
If had you read and understood the link you posted below then you would have realised that it does not support your suppositions! lol
We will see who has the suppositions. The future only bears the truth.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 98 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:32 pm

pmaggie wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 pm
Perhaps I'm wrong but I read somewhere that Cabrinha ownership went back to Pete (was NP group I think), maybe this is the reason.
True. This could explain the delay.

viewtopic.php?t=2405597

Return to “Kitesurfing”