Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Forum for kitesurfers
Ice101
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Ice101 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 am

Is it two years now or just one year old? Usually most release after at least two years. Still not made there way down our end of the world yet I don’t think. Not seen anyone ride one sadly.

User avatar
TheRussian
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, & Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby TheRussian » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:56 am

andrzej351 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 am
Hi. There are quite a lot of Reedin Super model in use. I would like to hear more feedback from users. I have a Reedin 10m and I'm very happy with it. I would also like to know more about the 7m supermodel. especially when it comes to big air.
I have used my 7m once, as I went from boosting on the 8m, down to the 7m for waves - the 7m is very close if not identical in feel to the 8m - and I would say that the feel of the kites from 10 to 8m is very close. For me the 7m is really a waveriding kite, as would need Cape Town type wind strength for lit boosting, ie. well over 40 knots (for me). The 7m does feel nice and floaty for its size and definitely does not drop you with zero power. So for big air the jury is out on the 7m, but the 8m is definitely as good as anything else, with the added benefit of being good on a SB.
These users thanked the author TheRussian for the post:
andrzej351 (Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:05 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Rabidric
Frequent Poster
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:49 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Rabidric » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:45 pm

TheRussian wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:56 am
andrzej351 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 am
Hi. There are quite a lot of Reedin Super model in use. I would like to hear more feedback from users. I have a Reedin 10m and I'm very happy with it. I would also like to know more about the 7m supermodel. especially when it comes to big air.
I have used my 7m once, as I went from boosting on the 8m, down to the 7m for waves - the 7m is very close if not identical in feel to the 8m - and I would say that the feel of the kites from 10 to 8m is very close. For me the 7m is really a waveriding kite, as would need Cape Town type wind strength for lit boosting, ie. well over 40 knots (for me). The 7m does feel nice and floaty for its size and definitely does not drop you with zero power. So for big air the jury is out on the 7m, but the 8m is definitely as good as anything else, with the added benefit of being good on a SB.
How much do you weigh in kg mate, if you do t mind me askin?

Am considering a 10/7 quiver.

User avatar
TheRussian
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, & Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby TheRussian » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:06 am

90kg

Ice101
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Ice101 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 pm

Any news on a supermodel 2? Must be overdue by now.

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone 21' Rebel 7M, 9m & 11m, 15m Juice, on a Lieuwe Shotgun
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 521 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Leon van Bergen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 pm
Any news on a supermodel 2? Must be overdue by now.
Why? not every brand takes part in this madness of a different color and a different stitching every year.

Ice101
Frequent Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Ice101 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:28 pm

No but it’s been a couple years since the first version hasn’t it so must be about time. Most good companies pop them out every couple years and sales will likely have tailed in expectation of a newer model release by now I would imagine. Business needs to be progressed surely and likely been a few decent tweaks discovered now since release?

Baptiste_FR
Frequent Poster
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Normandy
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rally (12-9-7m²)
Location: France
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Baptiste_FR » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm

It's been exactly one year. Kevin and Damien released the SuperModel last year just before KOTA.

Saltyman
Medium Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:02 am
Local Beach: Qld
Favorite Beaches: Seabeach
Style: Freeride/wakestyle
Gear: Liquid force, takoon, slingsho,naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Saltyman » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:04 am

Leon van Bergen wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:46 pm
Ice101 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 pm
Any news on a supermodel 2? Must be overdue by now.
Why? not every brand takes part in this madness of a different color and a different stitching every year.
But they still charge the same amount for a 2-3 yr old kite model.
At least some brands try new things.
The 2020 Naish diagonal stitching on the canopy made for a way better and solid canopy.
So price should be lowered every yr as no r&d has been done on the brands that don't update their kites and keep same model for 2-3yrs.
These users thanked the author Saltyman for the post:
andrzej351 (Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone 21' Rebel 7M, 9m & 11m, 15m Juice, on a Lieuwe Shotgun
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 521 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Reedin kite ads doubled lines

Postby Leon van Bergen » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:51 am

Guys what are you talking about, Reedin and there Supermodel is not even 1 year old counting from the introduction and we are fully into covid, what do you think?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 62 guests