Cabrinha Secret weapon
Cabrinha Spade
Epic Droid
F-ONE Trax HRD
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Kite knife on Manera Exo

Postby BernieTomic1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:51 pm

I tried to find the best spot on my Manera Exo, which isn't evident.
The knife is a Eezycut Trilobite. The sheath is pretty hard and stiff, and could probably cut through skin, or deeper, in its corners.
Would you guys approve of this placement, held in place by a knot on the strap on the side that I typically don't have to fasten?
I wouldn't want there to be a risk of injury on the sheath in big crashes, but the knife also should be easy to reach when needed, and the Exo doesn't seem to offer other obvious places.
Attachments
20200228_153706.jpg

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Kite knife on Manera Exo

Postby Kitemenn » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Under the hook there is a pocket in my Manera Exo harnas. Not sure whether it fits your exact knive

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:42 pm

That's where I have my Eezycut Trilobites, on the harness webbing. (I have one on each side).

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:13 am

Is that on a loose flap of webbing? and not a locked in strap?

If it is on a loose unlocked strap i would think it would be hard to get the knife out of the holster because it is not held in place.....
Last edited by matth on Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:15 am

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:42 pm
That's where I have my Eezycut Trilobites, on the harness webbing. (I have one on each side).
same, one on each side...

Little tip.....I always take my knifes out of the holster after a sesh and velcro them to the outside so they air dry....if you leave them in the wet holster the blades rust much sooner..

BernieTomic1
Frequent Poster
Gear: XR 5
Neo
Cabrinha Secret weapon
Cabrinha Spade
Epic Droid
F-ONE Trax HRD

Postby BernieTomic1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm
Under the hook there is a pocket in my Manera Exo harnas. Not sure whether it fits your exact knive
I have never noticed that. There is an interruption in the stitching on the lower medial part of the spreaderbar, creating a pocket. Being on the underside, I am not sure if a knife would not fall out rather quickly, as there seems to be nothing holding it in place.
matth wrote: Is that on a loose flap of webbing? and not a locked in strap?

If it is on a loose unlocked strap i would think it would be hard to get the knife out of the holster because it is not held in place.....
It is a loose strap. It is not very mobile though.
I had 3 sessions with this setup now, and I don't notice the knife at all, but I will need to try to unsheath it while kiting.

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:11 pm

BernieTomic1 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:19 pm
Kitemenn wrote:
I have never noticed that. There is an interruption in the stitching on the lower medial part of the spreaderbar, creating a pocket. Being on the underside, I am not sure if a knife would not fall out rather quickly, as there seems to be nothing holding it in place.

Holds perfectly due to the tight space! Have it now there for 1 year and havent lost it! Btw just the basic Mystic line knife
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post:
markymarc (Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:42 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

BernieTomic1
Frequent Poster
Gear: XR 5
Neo
Cabrinha Secret weapon
Cabrinha Spade
Epic Droid
F-ONE Trax HRD

Postby BernieTomic1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Kitemenn wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:11 pm
BernieTomic1 wrote:
Kitemenn wrote:

Holds perfectly due to the tight space! Have it now there for 1 year and havent lost it! Btw just the basic Mystic line knife
Do you think you would be able to get it out in a high stress situation?

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:00 pm

matth wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:15 am

Little tip.....I always take my knifes out of the holster after a sesh and velcro them to the outside so they air dry....if you leave them in the wet holster the blades rust much sooner..
Or melt some wax onto the blade
These users thanked the author SonnyRider for the post:
matth (Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:24 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:03 am

BernieTomic1 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:42 pm
Kitemenn wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:11 pm
BernieTomic1 wrote:

Do you think you would be able to get it out in a high stress situation?
Yes no problem...there is no further tension to it. I also attached a small rope to it (connected to the Hook) in order not to loose it in a stressed situation

Return to “Kitesurfing”