Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: SW Ontario
Gear: LF/Gong/Slingshot Kites
Duotone TT/SB
Gong HF

Re: freeride board for boots?

Postby GJibb » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:00 pm

1: as a free rider you aren’t putting the same load onto the inserts as a pro freestyler. Not only popping and landing force but quantity of force. Let’s add quantity of crashing load to that as well. You aren’t going out for two hours of tricks specific training I assume.
2: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, buying another board would be considered “fixing it”... keep riding it out until issues, then upgrade.
3: +1 Axis Vanguard. Ridden one for four + years. Just awesome

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:14 pm

GJibb wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:00 pm
1: as a free rider you aren’t putting the same load onto the inserts as a pro freestyler. Not only popping and landing force but quantity of force. Let’s add quantity of crashing load to that as well. You aren’t going out for two hours of tricks specific training I assume.
2: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, buying another board would be considered “fixing it”... keep riding it out until issues, then upgrade.
Agree. Except I don't ride the Axis Vanguard I ride the Jaime. I do wish the companies would just test some of their freeride boards in boots to see which are strong enough. I do know that the crazyfly raptor LTD graphite board will break if you ride it in boots. The Jaime I have had really good luck over the years landed really hard tricks. This year I upgraded to the 2020 Jaime Textreme. Still riding it in straps to work on boardoffs, when I switch to boots again I'll let you know if it snaps. I think it will hold it's pretty strong.

caduo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby caduo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:19 am

i think that the ace has the same inserts construction as the xcalliber,which is supposed is made also for boots,so probably you will not have any issues,
even in the cbl the construction is the same,only different position of the inserts.

Return to “Kitesurfing”