Local Beach: GOURNA BAY, LEROS
Favorite Beaches: too many to list
Style: new to the sport
Gear: "second skin" for snorkeling
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Leros Greece - super bay for kitesurfing Gourna Bay

Postby capitanissa » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Hello Kitesurfers! Come to Leros to kitesurf, you will be in for a treat!
We have steady and fairly strong winds more often than not from May- October, the time of higher winds can be in August or September, but off and on we get substantial winds for 5 months of the year.
I am a sailor and I have no ulteior motives here other than to promote our lovely island to the right kind of visitors. I live above Gourna bay, an area with few houses nearly empty beaches, an onshore wind normally N by NW, and NO waves; the bay is about 3 k deep and 2 wide; I have watched a couple of people kitesurfing last year in August and they were really getting a good long ride.
Accommodations are not expensive here at all and right now the island needs your business. Good low key restaurants/tavernas are all over the island, our friends that visit from England and France can't get enough of the giropitas which are a meal in themselves, for 2.50 E!
I am happy to answer any questions, I am a professional sailor, a bit long in the tooth - if I were younger I would be out there kitesurfing, my body can't do it these days.
These users thanked the author capitanissa for the post (total 2):
Leon van Bergen (Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:35 pm) • jonysan (Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:12 pm)
Rating: 20%

Return to “Kitesurfing”