Torkelstorp
Elafonisi, Greece
Style: Big air, Freeride, megaloops
Gear: Duotone Dice 9m, Riot Curve harness O'Neill wetsuit C6 board
Brand Affiliation: Surf.se
Been thanked: 0

Re: C6 Boards

Postby Kite_Surfer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Yeah, I've had one at home for a few months by now. It's hard to pick up any other board to be honest, haha! Everything else is so heavy now. But to give you some insight in how the board performs here is what i think of it so far.

I always thought that carbon boards would be too delicate for my taste and it really comes down to what preferences you have. If you like to ride up on the beach and jump solids, mabye it isn't a board for you. But for everything else, omg, yes! The pop is just insane and it makes the whole session so much more fun with a feather light board under you feet. It's super playful for carving and then poping over to 180's and blind riding. lively. It generates a lot of speed which is great for boosting. The board is not too stiff so it handles chop well and the construction of the boards' bottom breaks the water tension for smoother landings and riding. I've literally given this board the beating of a lifetime with super hard crashes (87kg) from massive hights (i think my woo said 12.8G), dropped it during board off's and had no damages. Once my buddys van door closed on my board and i got a chip on the heel side edge but because it can't take in water there is no need for worry. Just fill it up with epoxy, or do nothing. So it's durable.

As for the pads they put on the board... just buy them. If you are not happy with the pads you have now, buy theese. 4 points of adjustment gives any type of feet a super snug fit. In Sweden we usually ride with 4-7mm boots and fitting boots into pads is usually a nightmare. But these pads locks you in amazingly. Hands down the best pads and i have tried. I've had Liquid Force "pro pad" Duotone "entity" and Slingshot "dually" but nothing compares. I've had a few friends who just bought their pads and they don't regret it.

Downsides: The light weight of the construction has had the board blow off my feet in mid air in the beginning. I've never experienced this before, mabye because is didn't adjust the pads correctly in the beginning.
It's still a carbon board, so it is not like a board from liquid force which is impossible to break (but then again, there is a few KG in weight difference). As long as you don't hit a sharp rock or ride it up on the beach, it will last you good amount of time.
NO WAKE BOOTS!

Overall i'm super happy with the board, the guys who make them are really cool and have a lot of insight and knowledge about how to make boards. My riding stile is big air, mega loops and hooked-in freeride/freestyle :) Sometimes unhook, but i usually prefer boots for that, which this board can't take. If you compare it to other boards among the "brands" like the "Jamie Textreme pro" it comes at a fair price point so you really get what you pay for. I hope this was of any help for you :)

ralu81
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sherman island, Roosevelt park- gorge, Moriah Harbor-Great Exuma Bahamas, Little Sable Point Lake Michigan, Oscoda Lake Huron, Long Beach IN Lake Michigan, Escanaba, HWY 2 U.P. Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Harsen's Island, Tawas.
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Slingshot Rally
Duotone Evo
Liquid Force DLX
Slingshot Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ralu81 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Kite_Surfer wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Yeah, I've had one at home for a few months by now. It's hard to pick up any other board to be honest, haha! Everything else is so heavy now. But to give you some insight in how the board performs here is what i think of it so far.

I always thought that carbon boards would be too delicate for my taste and it really comes down to what preferences you have. If you like to ride up on the beach and jump solids, mabye it isn't a board for you. But for everything else, omg, yes! The pop is just insane and it makes the whole session so much more fun with a feather light board under you feet. It's super playful for carving and then poping over to 180's and blind riding. lively. It generates a lot of speed which is great for boosting. The board is not too stiff so it handles chop well and the construction of the boards' bottom breaks the water tension for smoother landings and riding. I've literally given this board the beating of a lifetime with super hard crashes (87kg) from massive hights (i think my woo said 12.8G), dropped it during board off's and had no damages. Once my buddys van door closed on my board and i got a chip on the heel side edge but because it can't take in water there is no need for worry. Just fill it up with epoxy, or do nothing. So it's durable.

As for the pads they put on the board... just buy them. If you are not happy with the pads you have now, buy theese. 4 points of adjustment gives any type of feet a super snug fit. In Sweden we usually ride with 4-7mm boots and fitting boots into pads is usually a nightmare. But these pads locks you in amazingly. Hands down the best pads and i have tried. I've had Liquid Force "pro pad" Duotone "entity" and Slingshot "dually" but nothing compares. I've had a few friends who just bought their pads and they don't regret it.

Downsides: The light weight of the construction has had the board blow off my feet in mid air in the beginning. I've never experienced this before, mabye because is didn't adjust the pads correctly in the beginning.
It's still a carbon board, so it is not like a board from liquid force which is impossible to break (but then again, there is a few KG in weight difference). As long as you don't hit a sharp rock or ride it up on the beach, it will last you good amount of time.
NO WAKE BOOTS!

Overall i'm super happy with the board, the guys who make them are really cool and have a lot of insight and knowledge about how to make boards. My riding stile is big air, mega loops and hooked-in freeride/freestyle :) Sometimes unhook, but i usually prefer boots for that, which this board can't take. If you compare it to other boards among the "brands" like the "Jamie Textreme pro" it comes at a fair price point so you really get what you pay for. I hope this was of any help for you :)
Sounds like you're affiliated with the company somehow especially considering it's your first post.

Kite_Surfer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: GÖTEBORG
Favorite Beaches: Varberg, Läjet
Ugglarp
Tylösand
Torkelstorp
Elafonisi, Greece
Style: Big air, Freeride, megaloops
Gear: Duotone Dice 9m, Riot Curve harness O'Neill wetsuit C6 board
Brand Affiliation: Surf.se
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite_Surfer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:06 pm

Yeah i'm friends with them so it is fair to say that, but Sweden is not such a big country and most kitesurfers know one another :)

Gestalt
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 186lbs
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay - Turks & Caicos
Style: Wave, Freeride, Foil & Big Air
Gear: 8m & 10m OR Aluula Roam
9m XR7
12m Evo Dlab
12m & 15m FS Sonic 4
TT: Boardschmiede 135x40
Foil: North Sonar 1150cm2

Postby Gestalt » Sat May 15, 2021 8:34 pm

After reading the glowing review at Kitemag of the C6 board I decided to get the 137x41
https://www.thekitemag.com/the-ultimate ... imate_test

I am attracted to nearly all carbon super light boards. This board is impressive. In it's size the board it is one of the "lightest" in the world at 1.75kg. For reference the other "lightest" board in the world is the Crazyfly Elite at 1.75kg for the 136x41.
Still can't compete though with the Nomad Carbon CCS 138 at 1.6kg!

I had considered the Nomad Carbon CCS and Crazyfly Elite, but the prices were a bit high and I wasn't sold on their bottom shapes. I had also strongly considered the Carved Imperator 6 but wanted a rail with more grip. The double concave attracted me for a more dynamic feel as opposed to single concave.

Here are some photos of it newly arrived. It's hard to capture since the surface is so damn reflective. I'll be going on a kiteboarding trip in a month and will post a video review then.
IMG_4062.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg (116.22 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
IMG_4067.jpg
IMG_4067.jpg (122.11 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
IMG_4068.jpg
IMG_4068.jpg (89.51 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
IMG_4070.jpg
IMG_4070.jpg (66.1 KiB) Viewed 2360 times

Mellowyellow
Medium Poster
Weight: 62
Local Beach: South west France
Style: All round
Gear: Reedin supermodel

Postby Mellowyellow » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:06 pm

Hello, any feedback for this board ?

lifeinthehood
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 72 kg
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Freeride
Gear: BRM Cloud 2.8/3.7/4.8/6.2. Ocean Rodeo A-Roam 8m. Cloud CCS. Kanaha Shapes 42"/MFC 1000/200/92cm. Slingshot Hopecraft/PFH657/325/102cm.

Postby lifeinthehood » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:12 pm

Yeah, I"m curious about it as well. Pricey but it seems like it might be a big advantage for travel given the 50 lb weight limit.

hookedcook
Medium Poster
Gear: Elevegiht RS 10 and 12

Postby hookedcook » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:45 am

Can't figure out if anyone has done a real review. Got social media stars, and friends of the company writing an over the top stupid review. If you tried to help the company you failed, be honest and tell people why your carbon board is better than the others? It could possibly be and I'll buy one. Board looks stunning BTW, as a motorcycle racer I love Carbon fiber. Please tell me why I should buy your board.

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.

Postby Trent hink » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:35 am

I've only seen one, in person, but the shape is legit.

Gestalt
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 186lbs
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay - Turks & Caicos
Style: Wave, Freeride, Foil & Big Air
Gear: 8m & 10m OR Aluula Roam
9m XR7
12m Evo Dlab
12m & 15m FS Sonic 4
TT: Boardschmiede 135x40
Foil: North Sonar 1150cm2

Postby Gestalt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:10 am

I will try say a few things about the board, however with the caveat I haven't ridden too many other boards out there. So I can't provide a good comparison.
I changed from riding a Duotone Select Textreme to the C6. The Duotone board to me seemed better in chop...softer, but that is how it is designed.
One day I was riding it was particularly choppy, and thought my Mako would perform better, but I actually like the C6 more. It seemed to "cut" through chop better but it may have something to do with chop/wave orientation.
Personally I find the board slippery smooth in the water, almost skatey like, but then grips hard when I need it too. Being so light it feels incredibly nimble under the feet.
You can see some close up of me riding it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMPpal5QurI&t=145s

A primarily big air rider friend who rides the Shotgun Carbonara assumed the C6 wouldn't have the advantage of being stiffer for strong loading and popping, but we tested them side by side and we both agreed they were equally stiff, despite the C6 being substantially lighter.

Anyone whos picked up the board, is utterly impressed with how light it is.
I lent it out to another friend of mine who was primarily riding shotguns and nomads, and he loved it so much he went home and ordered himself one that night. He commented on how incredibly well it cut through chop. He said though the bindings that come with the board are crap, and kept going loose on him, so he replaced them with others. In the pics you can see I never even purchased them instead opting for customizing my duotone ergo's to fit the board.

Another friend also recently tried the board, who is an instructor for many years, and one of the most skilled kiters I know, rides mostly Naish, and asked him for his opinion. He said it rides like a good premium board. Interestingly he said if he was given the C6 and the Carved Imperator blind, he wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not sure what to make of that opinion, but the C6 is cheaper!

In the future I will lend it out to more riders, and get their opinions and report back. It is rather rare to see out there.
These users thanked the author Gestalt for the post (total 3):
zlatko23 (Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:10 am) • lifeinthehood (Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:44 am) • Mellowyellow (Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:42 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

Return to “Kitesurfing”