Gear: Duotone Dice 6, 9, 12.
Duotone Clickbar 22-24
Duotone pro whip csc 5'2
Ride Engine 2019 Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Changing to RideEngine harness - pain on sides of pelvis

Postby andikite » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:49 am

I had pain during the first two or three sesions. After that... The best harness in all my kite life (15 years). I guess it must fit to your body.

Give him other chance!

zlatko23
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos), Milos & Agios Nikolaos (Lefkada)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m, Switchblade 7m&10m, Contra 13m, Ozone Enduro V2 9m, CrazyFly Raptor LTD

Postby zlatko23 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 am

Exal wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:32 pm
espana2323 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 pm
My height is 181cm / 5’ 11” and I weigh 76kg / 167lbs. Before buying I also tried the M and it was definitely too small. The velcro in the front would barely close. I am fairly confident the size is right.
That is weird. I am 186cm and currently 87kg and the medium fits me nicely. I have the 2019 prime.
Definitely something is not right here - I am 171cm/70kg and RE size S fits me perfect(Mystic Stealthbar 28cm). It is hard to imagine a person 10cm taller than me with just 5kg more should wear L? Sizing seems wrong to me.

Havre
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:27 am

If his waist is 37 inches then...

espana2323
Rare Poster
Gear: No gear yet
Been thanked: 0

Postby espana2323 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:44 am

zlatko23 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 am
Exal wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:32 pm
espana2323 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 pm
My height is 181cm / 5’ 11” and I weigh 76kg / 167lbs. Before buying I also tried the M and it was definitely too small. The velcro in the front would barely close. I am fairly confident the size is right.
That is weird. I am 186cm and currently 87kg and the medium fits me nicely. I have the 2019 prime.
Definitely something is not right here - I am 171cm/70kg and RE size S fits me perfect(Mystic Stealthbar 28cm). It is hard to imagine a person 10cm taller than me with just 5kg more should wear L? Sizing seems wrong to me.
I know, right? Exal's response made me even wonder whether I got a "womens" RE harness or something but after checking the Ride Engine website their harnesses are unisex, so that's not it. So I really don't understand why there is such a big difference in sizing between different people. Based on the below table though (taken from the RE website), and considering my measurements, size L seems correct, and as I said, before purchasing I tried size M as well of the same harness and the velcro barely closed in the front.
RE.JPG

Exal
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Still looking
Favorite Beaches: WA & Cape Town
Style: Wave & Oldschool
Gear: all the gear and no idea

Postby Exal » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:46 pm

There must be something off here. Do you have quite a belly? I just measured my waist and it is around 89cm relaxed and around 82/84cm when I tighten the harness. I gave the small version to my sister and dont have it here anymore for a test but I was able to fit that one aswell. How do you tighten the velcro straps? If I put the harness on dry, then I have to suck my belly in and fit it really tight because once wet it will be perfect. If I can get the harness wet then it is easier but after putting it on so many times it is pretty much muscle memory now.

Oh wait, if I push my belly out it has a 94cm waist measure like you, that is quite big, didn't expect there to be that much difference. The medium size harness still closes on the velcro. Around 10cm of the surface area where it goes on is used.

espana2323
Rare Poster
Gear: No gear yet
Been thanked: 0

Postby espana2323 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 am

Exal wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:46 pm
There must be something off here. Do you have quite a belly? I just measured my waist and it is around 89cm relaxed and around 82/84cm when I tighten the harness. I gave the small version to my sister and dont have it here anymore for a test but I was able to fit that one aswell. How do you tighten the velcro straps? If I put the harness on dry, then I have to suck my belly in and fit it really tight because once wet it will be perfect. If I can get the harness wet then it is easier but after putting it on so many times it is pretty much muscle memory now.

Oh wait, if I push my belly out it has a 94cm waist measure like you, that is quite big, didn't expect there to be that much difference. The medium size harness still closes on the velcro. Around 10cm of the surface area where it goes on is used.
No belly. :) I do have my winter weight on at the moment but that's just 1-2Kg extra (75Kg vs 76Kg).

I am wondering whether I had the harness a bit higher than normal and maybe that's why I had the pain on the sides of the pelvis. I'll check again next time I go kiting and see how it goes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”