Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

covid 19 closing beaches, any more to report?

Forum for kitesurfers
revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Re: covid 19 closing beaches, any more to report?

Postby revhed » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:40 pm

UKSurf wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:47 pm
that no one has any resistance to.
False. :nono: FAKE news! :angryfire:

So easy to find proof, easiest seen in why children are very resistant to Covid 19, as well as most healthy people.
MANY thousands have been infected and recovered.
NOT to say that we ALL should not do our VERY best to flatten the curve!
I was trying to stay out of this but mostly due to a certain D T, feel the need to call BULL SHIT!
By the way it is under "tremendous control" at least in the U S A according to the mentioned fool.
The truth will set you free....
R H
These users thanked the author revhed for the post:
jkrug (Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:50 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:45 pm

They don't want people mixing together in Spain - the police are telling those on the street to go home unless they are out for one of the permitted essential reasons. If kitesurfers go to the beach other people will argue they should go to the beach. The blanket ban makes it easier for the police to enforce the close down.

mattii
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Gear: Eleveight fs
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby mattii » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Toby wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:35 am
Spain has started emergency plans .

This includes no one is allowed to access the beaches.
Canaries belong to Spain.

BTW...influenza killed 25.000 people in 2017/2018...and Life kept normal.

Glad to know that you speak as a doctor or a scientific researcher in the medical field .... please, if you are not competent, continue to talk about kitesurfing.... leave the important topics to those who have studied and try to respect those who are fighting against covid19 in this hours.....
And no, Covid19 isn't a normal seasonal influence
These users thanked the author mattii for the post:
Janus (Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:29 pm)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:16 pm

This info came from my uncle, a doctor.
Plus several scientists on media.

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:28 pm

mattii wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm
Toby wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:35 am
Spain has started emergency plans .
This includes no one is allowed to access the beaches.
Canaries belong to Spain.
BTW...influenza killed 25.000 people in 2017/2018...and Life kept normal.
And no, Covid19 isn't a normal seasonal influence
WOW :roll: He never said or inferred it was, just making a point, adding information and CLEAR with By The WAY!
Go wash your hands! :!:
R H
These users thanked the author revhed for the post:
Toby (Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:42 pm)

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:37 pm

The number might very well be correct, but how many millions would die from COVID-19 if we treated it just like the flu?

There is a cost benefit analysis to be done here at some point, but that is another question.

MattyM
Medium Poster
Gear: Core, F-One, Moses

Postby MattyM » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Guys and gals - if you're worrying about why kite beaches are closed, then consider yourselves fortunate - because presumably you're not facing financial ruin, or fearing the death of an infected loved one. In either case I doubt you'd be arguing about closed beaches on here.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:10 pm

revhed wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:40 pm
UKSurf wrote:
I am not a medical professional but from what I understand Covid 19 is a totally new virus, only people who have caught this and recovered have anti-bodies for it. I also have an idea that because it is something that has recently jumped species it is different from other things our immune system might have encountered before and therefore more dangerous, but I am not sure about this second point. Anyhow you only have to look at what is going on in Italy to know this virus is dangerous as hell, and nothing like the seasonal flu. I am going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, I suggest everyone does what you can to stay away from this for their own benefit and the benefit of others around them. Unfortunately some people like medical professionals wont have that option, and they will be the heroes of this - all I can do is try to make sure my family is kept safe (which is going to be increasingly difficult) and hope none of them are seriously affected by this.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:31 pm

my sister in-law got kicked off a beach in the canaries by the police and decided to fly home immediately. I told her not to go, it was extremely unwise of her to do so.
Now she has to stay home and self isolate for 14 days. I hope she does it, but past behaviour ( going in the first place) indicates she will not...
At any rate, she aint seeing me or my family for 3 weeks at least.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:56 pm

UKSurf wrote:
revhed wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:40 pm
UKSurf wrote:
I am not a medical professional but from what I understand Covid 19 is a totally new virus, only people who have caught this and recovered have anti-bodies for it. I also have an idea that because it is something that has recently jumped species it is different from other things our immune system might have encountered before and therefore more dangerous, but I am not sure about this second point. Anyhow you only have to look at what is going on in Italy to know this virus is dangerous as hell, and nothing like the seasonal flu. I am going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, I suggest everyone does what you can to stay away from this for their own benefit and the benefit of others around them. Unfortunately some people like medical professionals wont have that option, and they will be the heroes of this - all I can do is try to make sure my family is kept safe (which is going to be increasingly difficult) and hope none of them are seriously affected by this.
Jumped species? Daily Mail alert! :D

Coronavirus has been around for quite a few years. Covid-19 is a new variation/mutation of an existing strain. The next level up from pandemic is endemic - where it will come back repeatedly year after year (like seasonal flu). Whilst seasonal flu has a mortality rate about 10 times less than Covid-19, the overall mortality rate is still relatively low - so the comparison to seasonal flu isn't unwarranted, particularly if compared to outbreaks of other flu strains like SARS. The difference is that nobody has pre-existing immunity so the infection rate is going to be very high.

Different countries appear to be planning for different overall outcomes. The UK seems to be expecting this to become endemic so the strategy seems to be based around a slow exposure through the least vulnerable sections of population such that the health system isn't overwhelmed and the virus isn't so much of a problem in future years as a large part of the population is immune. I'm not sure what measures you are taking to keep your family safe but they may not be effective if your governments policy is to allow them to build up immunity via exposure. Don't forget that the UK still has the practice of allowing children to contract chickenpox rather than give out a vaccination as most other first world countries do :roll:

Return to “Kitesurfing”