Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Boosting Kite that Wave Rides

Forum for kitesurfers
marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Re: Boosting Kite that Wave Rides

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:36 pm

I never owned better onshore sandbar crap kite than a Pivot. Drift is overrated, what you need is tight turns with some power and a powered climb. That's why I own 6 and 8 sizes. I could use drift for foiling but I am getting around it too and who knows what I am going to say when I get a hang of it but it reverse launches in light wind like I never seen before.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra and Union, shinn boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Boosting Kite that Wave Rides

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:55 pm

apollo4000 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 am
Maybe take a look at Blade Triggers. They have a wave setting and also boost.
Out of interest have you tried them on waves? I had one that I enjoyed riding with on a twin tip and it boosted fairly well but it didn't drift as well as I expected (at least on a hydrofoil). The wave setting seemed to change how easily the kite hunted the edge of the window rather than how much it drifted as far as I could tell. I preferred freeride settings on my hydrofoil but it was too heavy for that really. That was the Gen 9 model. Maybe they are different now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”