Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Launches The Reach

Postby luca » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:29 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:22 am
luca wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:04 pm
F-One stuff is awesome. Love the Bandit. But I rode around 120-140 days a year my Bandits all saisons from 2009-2019 and they don‘t Look that Good after a Saison. Especially in the area directly in the middle of the flying area next to the front tube or the stitching. And I was long time shop rider so I am able to switch my kites each Saison. The new f-one lines are top. Nothing bad to say. Kites are awesome but Build quality in comparison to my Orbits that have 80-100 days now is not so good.
But I have to say, F-One kites are a little lighter so let’s see how a Reach will perform ;)
Which do you prefer out of the bandit and orbit?
Orbit for my kind of riding right now.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:02 pm

caduo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:54 pm
think it s the same factory that also duotone is using.cabrinha is using neil pryde factory that produce only cabrinha kites,using their own material and not teijin cloth...
Nope. Duotone is made in GSL, everyone else in Aqua Dynamics. Core is there too. It might be that Duotone has some kites made in AD, but not much.
Cabrinha/Neilpryde is not using their own material. No kite factory makes any material.
Apart from Teijin, there are 3-4 other LEI kite canopy suppliers with decent to very good quality.
Neilpryde factory was making for other brands too, incl. BEST and BRM (Cloud). Not sure what's the situation at the moment.

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:15 am

You are right Eleveight has partnered with Aqua Dynamics. North would be using Aqua Dynanics too?

caduo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Postby caduo » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:55 am

ok,thanks,did not know about north,
about cabrinha,I was also meaning different supplier,when almost all big brands are using teijin

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:11 am

Does anyone know who produced the material North uses for their kites, is it Teijin also? Is it triple (like Duotone and Reedin) or quadruple ripstop (like Naish and Eleveight)?

They all use unclear terms to trace the material origin with their own naming. For instance Naish Quadtex is probably the same thing as Tejin Technoforce X4 used by Eleveight.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:32 am

It's Teijin D2 (2x2 ripstop), they've said it clearly from the very start. Watch the interview with Pat Goodman, he explains in details why he opted for D2.

Duotone Trinity is Teijin 3x2, Core is Teijin 3x3, several other brands use 3x3 that's not Teijin.

Quadtex and X4 are the same thing. Although a bit stronger and stiffer (and heavier too), comparison graph Naish still have in their website is wrong! The tensile strength difference is way smaller than what they show.
Way too much marketing BS... calling standard materials everyone uses with bombastic names and claiming exclusivity, while often lacking basic material knowledge.

caduo
Medium Poster

Postby caduo » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:38 am

from what I ve seen all these years,not much difference in strength between different teijin rip stops,cabrina s cloth is a different story.

caduo
Medium Poster

Postby caduo » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 am

nixmatters hi,
can you tell what other brands,except cabrinha,are using non teijin rip stop?thx

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:48 pm

Youtch wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:15 am
You are right Eleveight has partnered with Aqua Dynamics. North would be using Aqua Dynanics too?
Where are you getting this info? The kites I've seen have a tag that says "made in Sri Lanka"

Update, Aqua Dynamics is located in Sri Lanka.

Youtch
Frequent Poster

Postby Youtch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:26 pm

There are several press releases about Eleveight partnering up with Aqua Dynamic.

Return to “Kitesurfing”