Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Re: Infexion Max bar / Seatbelt Quick Release

Postby evan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:37 am

alford wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:40 am
Just curious what most are doing with the Seatbelt QR to keep it far enough away from the spreader bar?
Installing a longer depower cord and set up the bar with a bit more backstall so you can ride with the bar in your normal comfortable position but have the option for some extra power/stall when needed without powering the trim of the bar up.

On a twintip or freeride foiling I never trim anymore, since there is a more than enough room on the depower cord for the entire range of a small kite. Only actively trimming on big race kites.
Personally use a 65cm depower cord, any longer and it is beyond my comfort zone to reach it after a bar spin.

The freeride version of the max bar comes with a 80cm depower cord and stopper you can place anywhere you want without tools.

Race bars have the option between 65 and 80cm and you can move the Clamcleat lower for any custom length as the PU covered depower cord is thin enough to fit through the Aero base.
Attachments
IMG_20190606_134708.jpg
IMG_20190606_134824.jpg
IMG_20190610_114258.jpg
IMG_20190609_155234.jpg

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:01 am

alford wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:40 am
Just curious what most are doing with the Seatbelt QR to keep it far enough away from the spreader bar?
It may or may not be a problem with a waist harness, but it is an advantage with a seat harness.

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

br44 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:04 am
merl wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am
br44 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Sounds like a neat idea but... what’s the advantage? Am not clear what one gains from removing a small custom metal piece, like the safety ring from Kite Attitude that I use on my bars.
https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/21-safet ... -ring.html
This discussion should really be moved to the gesrbuilders section. If you are building your own bars then the advantage of Evans solution is clear: possibly less wear, but more importantly, you don't have to spend 20 eur for a ring that is not even particularly well designed for the job.
It seems you haven’t looked at the Kite Attitude ring. It is custom built for the job. You won’t find a better part, of all those designed for the purpose. And €16 is not expensive for the solution that you get, and there is no wear by the way.
Custom built maybe, but it is just a ring with a bar welded across it for €19.50 plus shipping. It looks fine but I can't see what you are raving about. The shape of the smaller hole is awkward so it is hard to tell what size of leash line will be big enough to block reliably. I prefer evans solution (built but not tested) or one using a small ss ring like the little flysurfer rings as a stopper (used on a few of my bars). Also, if the leashed line and the other flying line are not so close together then I think the leash line to the bar sits a bit away from the others which looks cleaner.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:57 pm

merl wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm
br44 wrote:
merl wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am

This discussion should really be moved to the gesrbuilders section. If you are building your own bars then the advantage of Evans solution is clear: possibly less wear, but more importantly, you don't have to spend 20 eur for a ring that is not even particularly well designed for the job.
It seems you haven’t looked at the Kite Attitude ring. It is custom built for the job. You won’t find a better part, of all those designed for the purpose. And €16 is not expensive for the solution that you get, and there is no wear by the way.
Custom built maybe, but it is just a ring with a bar welded across it for €19.50 plus shipping. It looks fine but I can't see what you are raving about. The shape of the smaller hole is awkward so it is hard to tell what size of leash line will be big enough to block reliably. I prefer evans solution (built but not tested) or one using a small ss ring like the little flysurfer rings as a stopper (used on a few of my bars). Also, if the leashed line and the other flying line are not so close together then I think the leash line to the bar sits a bit away from the others which looks cleaner.
Good grief, kiter spends €thousands on kites, bars, boards and other gear, but then quibbles about spending ~€20 on a critical component! :lol:

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:18 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:57 pm
Good grief, kiter spends €thousands on kites, bars, boards and other gear, but then quibbles about spending ~€20 on a critical component! :lol:
Yeah - true - but it's not really that, I just don't think it looks that well designed for the job. This is a thread about the infexion seat belt release. It costs more like EUR100 and I was happy to buy it because it is uniquely well designed in my opinion.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:27 pm

merl wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:18 pm
iriejohn wrote:
Yeah - true - but it's not really that, I just don't think it looks that well designed for the job. This is a thread about the infexion seat belt release. It costs more like EUR100 and I was happy to buy it because it is uniquely well designed in my opinion.
Been using my Infexion seat belt release since June 2020, it's been faultless.

viewtopic.php?t=2406129&start=110

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:03 am

iriejohn wrote:
merl wrote:
br44 wrote:

Yes, good grief, because they have 200% margin on that. The cost is 10c...

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm

downunder wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:03 am
iriejohn wrote:
merl wrote:

Yes, good grief, because they have 200% margin on that. The cost is 10c...
"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" springs to mind.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:49 pm

Very slang'ish, only known to a native english speakers ;)

It is not actually 200%, but 200 times!

200% would be how much? 30c.

Im selling SS inserts and not charging 20Euros each. But $1.5, which I think is a fair price. 20E is a ripoff.

Same as this:

viewtopic.php?t=2407975&p=1114423

Each to his own.
These users thanked the author downunder for the post:
merl (Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:54 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:36 pm

downunder wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:49 pm
Very slang'ish, only known to a native english speakers ;)

It is not actually 200%, but 200 times!

200% would be how much? 30c.

Im selling SS inserts and not charging 20Euros each. But $1.5, which I think is a fair price. 20E is a ripoff.
Then don't buy it. Simples. :wink:
Same as this:

viewtopic.php?t=2407975&p=1114423

Each to his own.
Ditto.

Return to “Kitesurfing”