Local Beach: monteynard
Favorite Beaches: kerhiilio almanarre leucate
Style: relaxed
Gear: naish kites diy boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Infexion Seatbelt Quick Release

Postby alpaia » Fri May 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks for answering.
Hope you get the certification, independently from the intrinsic quality of your QR it will broaden your addressable market and clear any potential liability issues.
Having the QR mounted freely such that it gets no sideways pull but only axial traction sounds like common sense but for safety better be too explicit than sorry.

alowishus
Medium Poster
Gear: ozone airush slingshot moses

Postby alowishus » Wed May 27, 2020 6:09 am

Love the simplicity of the design and compactness of this quick release.

It is exactly what I have been looking for. On the pricey side, but then again it's unique.

Infexion has moved from prototypes to releasing it within what seems like only about 4 months based on the facebook page.

Just wondering how much real world testing (kiting) has been undertaken and if there is any feedback from riders.

I also wonder how long that ball bearing will swivel freely...

1234567Simon
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Netherland‘s beaches,
Favorite Beaches: Ijmuiden on NW
Gear: Wave Board, Wave Kites, foiling. But Plan to get Back to Twin Tip boosting

Postby 1234567Simon » Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm

I have one!
Used it for 10 Sessions from 17m to 5m.

I got it because, I wanted the Shortest push away QR possible.
For me it is a „Game changer“

I am only 170cm with Short Arms.
So before I could Not really push away the bar for Depowering.

If in use with my waist Harness it Looks like this.
52259822-4102-43B3-A10C-EAF7A45A981C.jpeg
If I use it with my Seat harness ( lowest possible hook you can imagine) I have a little longer connection rope.

Before I used to adjust the depower line every two minutes. Now almost newer.
Full depower way. And still comfortable.

The use is simple.
Sand is no problem.
You Automatically Check the QR function evertime you land, and disconnect, Never any trouble. Always working.
When connecting it is super easy.

I personally trust it more than my regular QR.

alpaia
Medium Poster
Local Beach: monteynard
Favorite Beaches: kerhiilio almanarre leucate
Style: relaxed
Gear: naish kites diy boards

Postby alpaia » Wed May 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback , great to have a super short QR
how do you find the mini-leash above the QR ? is it never getting entangled ?
So every session you click in the ring on the bar side into the QR, but also attach the mini leash pin ?

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Thu May 28, 2020 2:43 am

1234567Simon wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm
I have one!
Used it for 10 Sessions from 17m to 5m.

I got it because, I wanted the Shortest push away QR possible.
For me it is a „Game changer“

I am only 170cm with Short Arms.
So before I could Not really push away the bar for Depowering.

If in use with my waist Harness it Looks like this.
52259822-4102-43B3-A10C-EAF7A45A981C.jpeg

If I use it with my Seat harness ( lowest possible hook you can imagine) I have a little longer connection rope.

Before I used to adjust the depower line every two minutes. Now almost newer.
Full depower way. And still comfortable.

The use is simple.
Sand is no problem.
You Automatically Check the QR function evertime you land, and disconnect, Never any trouble. Always working.
When connecting it is super easy.

I personally trust it more than my regular QR.
You should consider the Mystic Stealth surf spreader bar. You'll be able to attach the QR directly to a very short loop and gain another inch or two if your goal is to move it in as close as possible. It will also look much cleaner.

1234567Simon
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Netherland‘s beaches,
Favorite Beaches: Ijmuiden on NW
Gear: Wave Board, Wave Kites, foiling. But Plan to get Back to Twin Tip boosting

Postby 1234567Simon » Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 am

The micro leash is working fine for me.
Looping three times left , and three times right ( going straight downwind) is not a problem.

Attaching everytime is not more work for me, than with normal chickenloop and safety leash.

Safety Release also worked when I needed it: Monday I had to self land in gusty side-off conditiones, and of course after landing a gust picked up the kite, and it went directly through the power zone. I immediately released before starting to superman myself into the sand.

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sun May 31, 2020 6:36 am

alowishus wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:09 am

It is exactly what I have been looking for. On the pricey side, but then again it's unique.

Infexion has moved from prototypes to releasing it within what seems like only about 4 months based on the facebook page.

Just wondering how much real world testing (kiting) has been undertaken and if there is any feedback from riders.

Had the concept on the shelf for years and started prototyping at the end of 2018 with a lot of real world testing during the previous year.

Only the ball bearing is a relatively new feature and needs care to keep it spinning and free of rust and keep an eye on locking nut that it does stay locked. I spray it bearing with silicone spray after each session, as a test even without rinsing it with fresh water and it is still working perfectly for two months now with 3-6 sessions a week on salt water.

The first test without any care, just leaving it wet in a damp car lasted only two weeks so it is really important to keep it lubricated between sessions.

The version without bearing doesn't need all this maintenance and is still very easy to spin by yourself compared to most chickenloops.
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
wheat (Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 am)
Rating: 3.03%

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sun May 31, 2020 3:12 pm

Evan, when did you switch the leash attachment point from bottom to top and why?

alowishus
Medium Poster
Gear: ozone airush slingshot moses

Postby alowishus » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:36 am

evan wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:36 am
alowishus wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:09 am

Had the concept on the shelf for years and started prototyping at the end of 2018 with a lot of real world testing during the previous year.

Only the ball bearing is a relatively new feature and needs care to keep it spinning and free of rust and keep an eye on locking nut that it does stay locked. I spray it bearing with silicone spray after each session, as a test even without rinsing it with fresh water and it is still working perfectly for two months now with 3-6 sessions a week on salt water.

The first test without any care, just leaving it wet in a damp car lasted only two weeks so it is really important to keep it lubricated between sessions.

The version without bearing doesn't need all this maintenance and is still very easy to spin by yourself compared to most chickenloops.
Hey mate, thanks for the info and also the honest response about the ball bearing.

Yeah, ball bearing swivel is not essential, but might be really nice to have provided it was very low maintenance.

Otherwise, the standard setup would be fine.

I'm no expert, but is there a nicer solution by using alternative materials such as glass balls with an acetal or nylon cage?

Even if it added a little bit to the length.

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 am

alford wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:12 pm
Evan, when did you switch the leash attachment point from bottom to top and why?
at the final redesign earlier this year, sticking out of the bottom it sometimes got stuck in the internal mechanism or block the rotation of the upper part.

Ball bearings that fit the current design and can handle the load are only available in stainless steel.
Need a custom designed bottom half of the Swivel to accommodate a bigger diameter bearing so that you can house a big amount of ceramic or plastic balls and not crush them.

Return to “Kitesurfing”