br44
Medium Poster
Gear: LEIs, foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Infexion Max bar / Seatbelt Quick Release

Postby br44 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

evan wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:27 am
I have not much experience with brummels, normal splice is faster and stronger to make if you have a sewing machine at hand.
But is doesn't need to be a single piece, it just make the setup much cleaner and shorter.
Sounds like a neat idea but... what’s the advantage? Am not clear what one gains from removing a small custom metal piece, like the safety ring from Kite Attitude that I use on my bars.
https://www.kiteattitude.fr/en/21-safet ... -ring.html
Attachments
50BE484A-B412-4B66-8C07-98968E34A810.jpeg
50BE484A-B412-4B66-8C07-98968E34A810.jpeg (77.18 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Those rings look good but the dyneema solution is cheaper and arguably easier to inspect imho. Dyneema is readily available in more places.

Having said that I certainly would not replace the SS ring if I already had it fitted!

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm

FWIW, that little Kite Attitude split ring is genius!
Last edited by alford on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotgun
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish

Postby iriejohn » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:15 pm

alford wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm
FWIW, that little Kite Attitude split ring in genius!
I buy some stuff from S3i Group who have these round rings with cross bars (also known as Theta rings):

https://www.s3i.co.uk/round-ring-centre ... gL0rPD_BwE

These users thanked the author iriejohn for the post:
alford (Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:19 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

merl
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Mixed, flysurfer peak, concept air pulsion, wave & firefly, various LEIs. Mostly HF these days.

Postby merl » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am

br44 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Sounds like a neat idea but... what’s the advantage? Am not clear what one gains from removing a small custom metal piece, like the safety ring from Kite Attitude that I use on my bars.
This discussion should really be moved to the gesrbuilders section. If you are building your own bars then the advantage of Evans solution is clear: possibly less wear, but more importantly, you don't have to spend 20 eur for a ring that is not even particularly well designed for the job.

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:05 am

Haha yes, going offtopic again :)

Dyneema on metal will wear the power line faster is my observation. Also my rope solution is a bit shorter and easier to implement on the different bar versions I am offering with less different parts.
Breze wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 pm

See the pics of the mod on page 11
Warning, with this setup the leash anchor point can slide out, if the QR is pushed out beyond the normal release position.
What happened: I had to QR a bad behaving Sonic2. Instead of landing on a small beach, he flew into some trees . Because i pushed out the QR too hard the sleve of the leash anchor point slipped over the " leg of the claw". Positive: With the modification the QR works much cleaner.
Have to think about a better fixation of the leash anchor line. Any ideas?
Have to look now after the Spaghetti-Sonic. This suxxer is really trim sensitive.
Edit,Evans setup is safe if the loop line with the Ring has the right length, if too long it can slide out. The ring& knot stops the QR from disconnecting.
The Sonic is ok only some scratches
Did you make the loop too long then? With my advised length I can't make it to slip off as you can't push the knop up far enough.
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
Breze (Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:21 am)
Rating: 8.33%

Breze
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am

Yes the loop was ca 70mm instead of 65mm. The knot slipped a little bit. Didn`t pay too much attention on this detail, now i will keep an eye on it.

ieism
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby ieism » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Just picked up my qr from Evan and had a quick session around the corner. Its much smoother than in the videos when mounted, and feels very secure with a positive click when attaching.
The size is also a thing, its so much smaller in real life. The leash is tiny too. I finally feel the bar is where it should be and I'm not trimming the depower anymore.

Also packing the kite and bar together on my foilkite is now much much easier, as there is now only a ring at the bar. That will come in handy when snowkiting where I have to fit the thing in a backpack but the chickenloop was always in the way before.

Great quality, great price and service and easy enough to install. If youre not in Europe, do yourself a favour and do a group buy with some friends or ask your local shop to carry them. This is such a good system.

Only disadvantage, you cannot just hand the kite to another person as he has no way to attach now. And if you break the bolt you lose the kite , so check the system regularly. Im not that worried about those things, it works for me.

br44
Medium Poster
Gear: LEIs, foils

Postby br44 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:04 am

merl wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am
br44 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

This discussion should really be moved to the gesrbuilders section. If you are building your own bars then the advantage of Evans solution is clear: possibly less wear, but more importantly, you don't have to spend 20 eur for a ring that is not even particularly well designed for the job.
It seems you haven’t looked at the Kite Attitude ring. It is custom built for the job. You won’t find a better part, of all those designed for the purpose. And €16 is not expensive for the solution that you get, and there is no wear by the way.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:40 am

Just curious what most are doing with the Seatbelt QR to keep it far enough away from the spreader bar? Seems to me if it is running along a typical rope slider spreader bar, the bar would be uncomfortably close, resulting in riding with T-Rex like bent arms. I think too much emphasis has been put on bringing the bar in close. Most conventional qrs and chicken loops put the bar about 8 inches out from the hook or rope. Going to a setup that's only three or so inches is quite a change and I'm not sure it's always for the best. Of course arm length is a huge variable but let's say this involves an average size rider. I know, what's average?

Return to “Kitesurfing”